Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Shipping big boxes of clothing?

Anyone done this? I have a mama on DS who is interested in matching girl clothes. I would so much prefer to sell my twin lots as sets so I want to give her a good price, but I'm clueless as to even a guess of what shipping would be. Is fedex or UPS the way to go over USPS for larger stuff? Has anyone shipped, say a diaper box full of clothing? Any tips or cost estimates would help me out at this point. TIA!!!

When I was buying and selling lots of strollers a few years ago, Fedex was definitely best for heavier items. But shipping charges have gone up a ton in the last few years. I did just read somewhere, that you can get a reduced rate for USPS if you ship through PayPal.
    HTH

You can ship a large flat-rate shipping box through postal service for about $15 I think. Prices just went up this week, and I haven't checked what the new rate is, and as long as it fits in the box it will ship, no matter how heavy it is.
    Maggie's Mom

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I shipped my sister all of my daughters' clothes (sizes newborn-12months). There was at least $1,000 worth of clothes in there. It was the biggest shipping box I could find, and the clothes fill it up full. I think I also had a small back in there, but nothing huge. It cost $75 to ship it to her from Houston to the Dallas area.

I shipped a large box of baby clothes to a friend about 5 months ago. It was definitely larger than a diaper box and jam-packed with clothes. I shipped it through USPS using one of their "slower" methods and it cost me $19.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Do you have a scale at home? The kind for weighing people?
    I would put all the clothes in a box, weigh it, then get online with FedEx and UPS, and it will tell you. That way, you don't guess wrong, quote a price and lose money out of pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by daisymommy View Post
    Do you have a scale at home? The kind for weighing people?
    I would put all the clothes in a box, weigh it, then get online with FedEx and UPS, and it will tell you. That way, you don't guess wrong, quote a price and lose money out of pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh yes. Great! That's what I will do.

KrystalS is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think your best bet will be to fit as many as you possibly can in the flat rate boxes. Even if you have to use multiple boxes, it will probably be cheaper. Shipping rates have gotten so expensive and clothes are heavy!
    -Krystal

DD 2/04
    DS 10/5/10

LD92599 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Fed Ex GROUND......their rates seem to blow UPS out of the water and USPS too. Then again, depends on distance too....

I had to ship a Snugride 22 plus 2 bases a couple of months ago. I checked UPS, FedEx, and USPS - USPS parcel post was the least expensive - about $15 per box and I shipped it in 2 boxes.

And I'll just throw in the fact that I'm a little miffed that I never got an acknowledgment much less a thank you...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast