Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ohiomom1121 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default What kind of glasses are in style right now?

After wearing my old glasses for weeks because of pink eye I finally decided to replace them. (I usually wear contacts all day and glasses in the morning when I wake up). I got these.
    Almost everything they had was the thicker plastic frames so I'm guessing that is the trend right now but they feel so weird and I'm having a hard time getting used to seeing them on my face! I don't know if it's the style or the color or what? I want something that is stylish so I'll be able to wear them more but really am clueless what's in style when it comes to glasses. I have blondish brown hair and green eyes if that helps.

plastic is very in right now, and thicker, rectangular frames. Lots of 'nerd glasses' trends with hornrim and wayfarer type styles.

I've been wearing glasses full time since I was 6, and I'm happy that larger lenses are finally coming back in. My visual field is getting bigger for the first time since the late 80s, lol.
    Tarah
    Mama to the Forrest Creature 3/04 and Baby Ber 4/07
    "All true wealth is biological" Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

I have been wearing glasses for years and switched to contacts but needed a pair of backup glasses (and after two years am sick of my old ones). I just got these and I LOVE them and feel good putting them on after changing out of my contacts in the evening.

http://www.lenscrafters.com/eyeglass...26-co./6611214

I think the Tiffany styles were all really cute and I used my 30% discount so they weren't too expensive (simple plastic lenses, no frills).
    Proud Military Spouse and Mom of Four.

DD (02/03) Born in a military hospital.
    DS (05/05) Born in a birth center.
    DS (12/07) Born at HOME!
    DS (09/09) Born at HOME!

ohiomom1121 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by tarahsolazy View Post
    plastic is very in right now, and thicker, rectangular frames. Lots of 'nerd glasses' trends with hornrim and wayfarer type styles.

I've been wearing glasses full time since I was 6, and I'm happy that larger lenses are finally coming back in. My visual field is getting bigger for the first time since the late 80s, lol.
    I have to say I can see great with them but they feel and look so STRANGE to me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeyewife View Post
    I have been wearing glasses for years and switched to contacts but needed a pair of backup glasses (and after two years am sick of my old ones). I just got these and I LOVE them and feel good putting them on after changing out of my contacts in the evening.

http://www.lenscrafters.com/eyeglass...26-co./6611214

I think the Tiffany styles were all really cute and I used my 30% discount so they weren't too expensive (simple plastic lenses, no frills).
    Those are SO CUTE!!! I had a groupon about to expire and had to go to Pearl Vision so can't check those out but I really like them.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I work on a college campus and my students are all sporting chunkier plastic frames, usually in a color (if not on the outer side then the interior plastic is a bright color in contrast to the outer plastic).
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Here are the frames I've been wearing for the last year or so. I love them, though DH isn't so keen (I think the geek-chic thing is one of those trends that really passes guys by!!)

I know what you mean about seeing them on your face, but you do get used to that. I thought about the frameless ones for a while, but Sarah Palin ruined those for me
    Crunchy Brit mama to one little trigglet - 03/2010
    ...and two miniature schnauzers.
    Only one of the above gets to ride in Al!

Plus one more due 03/13!

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Yes, the nerdier glasses are definitely in style. I have had plastic frames the past 4 yrs, I wore wire frames for almost 8 yrs before that, but it seems like the wired frames aren't in style right now.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I've worn glasses since I was 8 (though I probably needed them much earlier - I started out with a strong prescription) and glasses have definitely gone from "be as inconspicuous as possible" (frameless, wire frames) to "fashion statement" - thicker, bolder plastic frames. A look at Costco's collection is a quick way to see what the trends are I need to get new glasses this year!

I think the geek chic, Tina Fey/Sarah Palin style is still really popular. I kind of like them, they add interest.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

cvanbrunt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Those are cute and stylish. I'm sporting these in red.
    http://www.oliverpeoples.com/collect...ction/luv.html
    Carrie

DD#1 September 2005
    DD#2 October 2007

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast