Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

using these: coach gwendolyn glasses in tortoise
    http://www.sunsrus.com/frame.php?id=8441062&src=gp.us

I get a lot of compliments on my glasses. tina faye look. chic geek but honestly sometimes i feel like a geek. i prefer contacts.

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

This is a great thread! I am in need of new glasses! Thanks OP!
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigglet View Post

Hey, mine are just like that! Where are yours from? DD2 yanked one of the side stick things and mine are very loose.

Mine are about 3 years old and nerd-chic was in then. Isn't there another trend on its way in?

for Sandy Hook

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Hey, mine are just like that! Where are yours from? DD2 yanked one of the side stick things and mine are very loose.

Mine are about 3 years old and nerd-chic was in then. Isn't there another trend on its way in?
    They're DKNY and I got them from one of these discount online places - about half the price they wanted to charge me in Lenscrapters, or wherever it was in the Mall. I think if you google DKNY 4561 you'll get some options. I'm not sure if I fall into the geek-chic, or just geek category!
    Crunchy Brit mama to one little trigglet - 03/2010
    ...and two miniature schnauzers.
    Only one of the above gets to ride in Al!

Plus one more due 03/13!

I just got a pair very similar to Trigglets. I agree with PP's that plastic, nerdy-type glasses are in now.

I get compliments on my tortoise, square-ish frames all the time. I've only had them a few months. Previous to this I had wire rimmed glasses that DD bent , so that forced me to get a more "hip" pair.

The only thing I don't like - it took me awhile getting used to these plastic, heavier frames. My wire rimmed ones had smaller lenses and were just so light, I barely noticed I had them on. I am aware I am wearing my current plastic frames, and the first few weeks they felt very "heavy". I am now at the point where I am getting used to wearing them, but they unfortunately are not as comfortable as my wire rimmed pair with the nose pads. Ah, what we do for the sake of fashion.
    Last edited by artvandalay; 01-27-2012 at 02:30 PM.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by artvandalay View Post
    I just got a pair very similar to Trigglets. I agree with PP's that plastic, nerdy-type glasses are in now.

I get compliments on my tortoise, square-ish frames all the time. I've only had them a few months. Previous to this I had wire rimmed glasses that DD bent , so that forced me to get a more "hip" pair.

The only thing I don't like - it took me awhile getting used to these plastic, heavier frames. My wire rimmed ones had smaller lenses and were just so light, I barely noticed I had them on. I am aware I am wearing my current plastic frames, and the first few weeks they felt very "heavy". I am now at the point where I am getting used to wearing them, but they unfortunately are not as comfortable as my wire rimmed pair with the nose pads. Ah, what we do for the sake of fashion.
    Yes, I have had the same experience too. After yrs of wire frames that were super lightweight, my plastic ones seem bulky and I am always having to push them back up on my nose. I guess I'm going for the full nerd effect, lol. I may go back to wire frame next time, just b/c they were more comfy.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I am totally coveting those tiffany's glasses now. And, I need to get new glasses this Spring too...
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I love those Tiffany ones. That is the correct shape for my face. Hmm. I need new glasses, I lost mine 6 months ago and have been walking around fuzzy ever since.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mimi2008 View Post
    using these: coach gwendolyn glasses in tortoise
    http://www.sunsrus.com/frame.php?id=8441062&src=gp.us

I get a lot of compliments on my glasses. tina faye look. chic geek but honestly sometimes i feel like a geek. i prefer contacts.
    Those look really similar to what I have, but mine are a dark purple.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    I work on a college campus and my students are all sporting chunkier plastic frames, usually in a color (if not on the outer side then the interior plastic is a bright color in contrast to the outer plastic).
    Quote Originally Posted by artvandalay View Post
    This is what I've been wearing for several years:
    http://www.adamsoptical.com/product-...nw216%20a2.htm
    They are tortoise shell on the outside and turquoise on the inside, with nosepads! I have to wear nose pads due to my very strong prescription and skinny nose. Glad to know that I'm somewhat in style

mskitty

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast