Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ilfaith is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I love the idea of the plastic/tortoise rims on glasses, and think they are fabulous on other people. But I have tried on dozens of different styles and I really don't like they way they look on me. I feel they make my already smallish, deep-set eyes look even smaller and my, not-exactly-delicate nose look even more prominent.

As much as I would like to find a pair of cool "statement" glasses, I always end up going back to half-rim wire glasses, because they're the ones that seem most flattering. My current pair is similar to these...
    http://www.bestbuyeyeglasses.com/ver...30/289585.html
    But I really would like to break out of my box and get something a little funkier.

Quote Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
    This is what I've been wearing for several years:
    http://www.adamsoptical.com/product-...nw216%20a2.htm
    They are tortoise shell on the outside and turquoise on the inside, with nosepads! I have to wear nose pads due to my very strong prescription and skinny nose. Glad to know that I'm somewhat in style

mskitty
    Those are really cute, and they look pretty lightweight, too.

I miss my nosepads I wish I had searched a bit more to find a pair that had them.

oh boy those Tiffany glasses are sweet. I had been wearing plastic for a LONG time, then decided to try wire again and my dh said it looked old lady-like. lol. time for a new pair and those Tiffany's fit the bill.

eta: sorry op, i meant to rec the glasses i have but those tiffany's are much nicer imo. i agree with pp, plastic is in, wire out. i would go with plastic that flatters the shape of your face. the nerdy big square glasses are not necessarily flattering for all face shapes (like mine, which is already square) imo.
    Last edited by mezzona; 01-31-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have really bad eyes and a hard core prescription. My fav glasses brands are real glasses brands, ie companies that make glasses and not clothes or anything else. OGI and Lafont are fantastic glasses. Their styles change often to keep up with the trends.

Geeky glasses are definitely in, but I don't like plastic frames, so picked a pair of thin and light metal frame glasses from Axiom collection by Prodesign Denmark. Don't remember the model number but mine have a light purple tint to them. Interestingly, DH picked a pair from the same collection with slightly larger lenses, and I had nothing to do with it. Both are very professional/understated.

I also tried these Mikli glasses and loved them in red, too bad they were much more expensive at my optician's store. My Costco also carries this brand but, unfortunately, not this exact style. Maybe next time...
    Mom to DS born on Thanksgiving 2003

Jenn27 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Great thread! I am desperately in need of new glasses. I LOVE those tiffany glasses, but may be more than my insurance will spend.
    I was looking at these recently:
    http://www.eyeglasses.com/glasses/mo...al/10x216.html

ohiomom1121 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I love checking back in on this thread seeing what everyone has to say. Still can't get used to the ones I got...I'm going to go back this week and try on some different ones. I spent way too much on them (horrible prescription) to not love them. I think I will try and stick to plastic but maybe go more for the shape of the Tiffany ones. I'll update if I switch!

lcarlson90 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I just wanted to thank who ever posted the Tiffany glasses. I just bought them this morning at LensCrafters. I can't wait to get them.
    Gavin 7.30.08
    Dylan 2.24.05

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3