Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Anamika! Egg muffins!

They are soooo yummy! And the kids will eat them. I was hesitant about adding the green onion, but they really add to the flavor. So easy to make ahead too. We now have them scheduled for breakfast protein 4 days a week. Thanks for the rec!
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Good to hear. I'm going to make them this weekend. DS won't eat onion in any form, so think I'll have to leave out the green onions or, chop them up very small in the food processor.

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    Good to hear. I'm going to make them this weekend. DS won't eat onion in any form, so think I'll have to leave out the green onions or, chop them up very small in the food processor.
    I chopped them very fine. The kids didn't even notice them, and usually they are like, "what's the green?? I don't like onion!"
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I finally got around to making these today. So yummy! I was surprised how much they rose. I would only fill the muffin tin 2/3 to keep them from spilling over. Next time, I am going to try a few with sundried tomatoes.

Anyone have a link to this recipe? Sounds good! I searched but came up with too many things under "muffin"..lol

Quote Originally Posted by artvandalay View Post
    Anyone have a link to this recipe? Sounds good! I searched but came up with too many things under "muffin"..lol
    http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2006/10...ted-again.html
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

anamika is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Hey, I am so glad that you liked them. They are a staple here! Like I said on Pinterest, some days my breakfast is ready before my morning cup of chai.
    I add all sorts of greens to my muffins. Sun-dried tomatoes sounds like a great addition too. Will have to try that.

eta - I have also added salsa - had a bit left over and just added it to the mix. It was great.
    Last edited by anamika; 02-02-2012 at 10:33 PM. Reason: to add
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I wish my kids would eat eggs, but these look good for ME.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Are you supposed to use regular sized muffin or the mini-muffin size for thise? I just started South Beach and these will be great for mornings!

anamika is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I use the regular sized muffin pan. I also use paper liners - they seem to help with taking them out of the pan and also eating them on the go.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast