Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default "cramping" sensation with ovulation

I've been trying to be more careful about recording dates with my period, just to be more in tune with my body/be able to plan when I need supplies...

I've noticed that on exactly day 14 I get this crampy, achy, draggy feeling down there that lasts for several hours. I was googling and looks like some women can actually feel when they have ovulated.

But the interesting thing from what I've been reading is that the women who feel it will feel pain on the right or left side depending on which ovary releases the egg. My pain is all over - it makes me wonder if each ovary is releasing an egg with each cycle (thus the twins)?

So I'm just curious to hear others' experiences, esp those who can feel ovulation. Do you feel it only on one side?

Giantbear is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My wife can always tell when she ovulates and which side is dropping the egg. Her left side always hurts worse than the right and she always gets cramping. I on the other hand feel nothing
    Proud father of dd 5-30-10

I have in the past. I felt pain every other month on one side.

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I do not have this problem, or if I do I haven't noticed it. I have so many bouts of cramps due to IBS, I highly doubt I would know. Even so, mittelschmerz is a well documented phenomenon- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002472/

Giantbear is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by swissair81 View Post
    I do not have this problem, or if I do I haven't noticed it. I have so many bouts of cramps due to IBS, I highly doubt I would know. Even so, mittelschmerz is a well documented phenomenon- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002472/
    thanks for the link, i am going to forward this to my wife
    Proud father of dd 5-30-10

Gena is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I usually only feel it on one side, and I can feel the left stronger than the right. Some months I feel it on both sides, sometimes a day apart, sometimes on the same day. Faternal twins run in my family and I have always assumed that when I feel it on both sides I'm dropping 2 eggs. I also do charting (NFP), so that confirms that I'm ovulating during that time.
    Gena

DS, age 11 and always amazing

“Autistics are the ultimate square pegs, and the problem with pounding a square peg into a round hole is not that the hammering is hard work. It's that you're destroying the peg." - Paul Collins, Not Even Wrong

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Gena View Post
    I usually only feel it on one side, and I can feel the left stronger than the right. Some months I feel it on both sides, sometimes a day apart, sometimes on the same day. Faternal twins run in my family and I have always assumed that when I feel it on both sides I'm dropping 2 eggs. I also do charting (NFP), so that confirms that I'm ovulating during that time.
    Fascinating. I feel it on both sides every month. Yup, we're done with kids

eta: and I've always had a really strong gut feeling that another pregnancy would be a twin pregnancy.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 02-06-2012 at 12:37 PM.

mikeys_mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    My pain is all over - it makes me wonder if each ovary is releasing an egg with each cycle (thus the twins)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gena View Post
    Some months I feel it on both sides, sometimes a day apart, sometimes on the same day. Faternal twins run in my family and I have always assumed that when I feel it on both sides I'm dropping 2 eggs.
    Having had fratenal twins, that is so interesting. I do somethings feel minor cramping but have never paid attention to location. My Drs tell me now that I have had twins as well as my age put me at a very high chance for subsequent twins. I will certainly start to pay more attention to the location of the cramping now.
    DS - 10
    DD - 8
    Twin Girls - 6

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I always have O pain. It's quite painful and usually last 12-24hrs for me. Like most, I feel it on one side only. It's a blessing and a curse. It's so painful and I really didn't miss it when I was preggo with DDs or when I was on hormonal BC. But, I was also able to conceive on the first attempt with both pregnancies. Let's just say that I know when to kick DH far away from me!
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I always feel it on both sides too, but I have PCOS, so I always think that maybe it might be cyst pain too.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast