Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Incentives for baby registry?

My friends are giving me a shower. I wasn't remotely expecting one, so it's really nice. It's going to be small, so I probably don't even need to register, but I know some stores do incentives and stuff like that. I have a little coupon that says $10 giftcard from TRU for registering so I guess I will go there. Anywhere else I should go? I certainly prefer BBB, so I will probably do that too. I think I will probably just take the girls they would probably get a kick out of using the gun.

Any other incentives for registering? What is the completion bonus or whatever that people mention?

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I registered at BRU just so I could get the completion discount. You'll get a card for 10% off anything on your registry that is left, so add anything you think you may buy there. This is the only coupon you can apply with other coupons according to the lady who set me up. So you could use 20% off carseat and 10% completion coupon together for example. It does exclude quite a few brands though, as usual. I think Target also offers a completion discount.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think most (if not all) registries offer some sort of completion discount. I registered at Amazon, and theirs was 10%, but I also did a registry just for myself at Land of Nod and only included a bookcase I plan on buying for DS. The completion discount there is 15%, which is pretty good if you're buying furniture like I am.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12