Default Baby Trend car seat and base expiration dates...

We used a babytrend flex loc infant car seat with our two DSs... The car seat itself was manufactured 010908, however this doesn't matter as much, as I'd like to buy a new one (same manufacturer) but in pink/purple for DD (due May 2012). I was wondering if we could reuse the bases - the expiration dates are 04/16/07 and 01/09/08... the baby trend website doesn't say the time period for expiration, so I'm wondering if its the same for the bases as for the car seat itself (6 years, right?)...

Shed some light if you can...

Totally nesting, and would like to figure out the infant car seat thing...

Gonna do a registry for a baby shower in a couple weeks, and not sure if I should register for new bases...

Thanks!

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

The bases have the same life as the seats. Are those date of manufacture on the bases (you said expiration)? If they are, then you will have a year on one and almost two on the other, which should get you through the infant seat period.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

Default Yes, I meant manufacture dates...

Thanks pp for catching that ;p

I thought carseats expire after 6 years... Is it only 3 years for babytrend? Has anyone found this 411 out in the vast internet highway of information? Please direct me if u can...

Thanks!

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by drcarpiodds View Post
    Thanks pp for catching that ;p

I thought carseats expire after 6 years... Is it only 3 years for babytrend? Has anyone found this 411 out in the vast internet highway of information? Please direct me if u can...

Thanks!
    In general, it is 6 years, but it varies by manufacturer. I think the shortest I have seen is 5, the longest 9-10, I think.

From the dates you gave, one base will be at 5 years when your baby is born and the other 4.5, so they would have 1 and 1.5 years left, respectively. From the current Baby Trend manual: "Discontinue use of the Safety Seat and Base after six (6) years from the date of manufacture."
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

Default Geez...

My brain is really failing me these days... What year are we in? Oh, right 2012... Lol, and i'm counting till 2011... And my math skills escape me ;p

Thanks pp!