Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks for the commiseration. I just ordered a product similar to the ones daisymommy linked http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Se...9683766&sr=1-2 and hopefully it will work for us. In the reviews of this and all the other similar products, some people complained that you couldn't use them for long, or that they're not good for tall/large babies or if you have a queen size or smaller bed, but DS2 is a peanut and we've got a king, plus I hope to get him into his crib at night after he's a couple months old if at all possible.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

I don't remember how long it lasts as the experience was a blur and I've erased it from my memory. But I just wanted to send
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mommylamb View Post
    Thanks for the commiseration. I just ordered a product similar to the ones daisymommy linked http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Se...9683766&sr=1-2 and hopefully it will work for us. In the reviews of this and all the other similar products, some people complained that you couldn't use them for long, or that they're not good for tall/large babies or if you have a queen size or smaller bed, but DS2 is a peanut and we've got a king, plus I hope to get him into his crib at night after he's a couple months old if at all possible.
    I almost bought something like that. I hope it works out for you! GL!!

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Just read this...and I agree with Daisymommy, you can prop yourself up with pillows in bed and let the baby sleep on you. You won't drop him, you just won't. I did it with all four of mine and we never had an issue, although I remember waking up in a panic certain that I had! I think you are just in a lighter sleep when you have a newborn. I also agree with Beth (Snugglebuggles) that it really helps you sleep better if you know someone else is taking care of the baby and even responsible for listening for the baby to wake up. For a long time, DS would sleep from 8 to 4 in our room in the co sleeper or rock n play chair and then wake up for one feeding. But I had to go sleep in his room and let DH listen for him to wake up or I wouldnt sleep well at all. If the pumping and one bottle feeding is getting you some uninterrupted quality rest, just stick with it! Whatever works is the mantra for the first few months. Hang in there!!!!
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

I was sleep deprived with DS1, because I was not suppose to lay down (I listen to ppl) and I was on my own most of the time. DS1 was nursing slow and I think that he didn’t latch correct. I was a mess.
    With DS2 I decided I am going to do whatever can help me. I bought a board for a bed to co-sleep, I had a nice buggy..., but ended up with a baby in our hands for a month. For a month we couldn’t put him down, I was glad that DH was at home otherwise I would go insane. Anyway, going to LLC I figure out that my milk was shooting, that’s why my baby had lots of gas and fussy. Then I co-sleep (had a warm PJ, blanket till the waist. I think unless you are overweight, under drinking condition(!?), sleep deprived you’ll not roll into you baby. If you are not comfortable, because of light sleep (which I was I think), then put in pack-n-play, bassinet, slowly move from your room.... Or try to work a plan with DH (that he is in charge for some feeding times (he brings, then deal with a baby). You’ll get some rest, you’ll be happy, then you family life will change to better. Good luck, that time will pass!

Ceepa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We used the baby nest in our bed. It lasted one night. It just seemed small and stiff and DC never could get comfortable. It became a pet bed once the baby wanted nothing to do with it. LOL DH and I slept in shifts at the beginning.

chozen is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mommylamb View Post
    this is the exact one we have and for us it was great, hope it works out for you!

lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by chozen View Post
    this is the exact one we have and for us it was great, hope it works out for you!
    we had/have that one too. we used it only a few times b/c i was too freaked out to end up being able to sleep. but i think if i could have relaxed enough, it would have worked fine

i hope you get some rest soon, mama.

my hazy recollection is that things started to improve a bit around 12 weeks...
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

No advice except do whatever you can to make it work! IT WILL GET BETTER!
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

I'm getting lthe same amount of total sleep now that DS is 5 months old as I did the first month. It is really horrible. I'm not awake as long each time, but he's waking me up every 20 min. some nights.It hasn't been this bad the whole time, but the past couple weeks have gotten worse. Unfortunately, whatever I had those first few weeks that kept me feeling OK despite the lack of sleep... that's now gone. I feel really sick now from the lack of sleep.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast