Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    wifecat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Any deals on Easter baskets?

I still need to buy Easter baskets. I've been hoping the Target ones would go on sale, and PBK is too rich for my blood to start with, but I'd love to get a deal on a couple of decent baskets! Anyone seen anything?
    Mama to miracles, dd (3/09), ds (12/10), dd (8/14)

Someone posted this earlier. They aren't traditional baskets but they are really cute and only $6 each shipped.
    http://www.potterybarnkids.com/produ...baskets-liners
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

MomtoNico is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I saw baskets that looked like laundry baskets in pastel colors - had handles on them. they were at the dollar store. I plan on getting those for my two boys. I get them alot of bigger toys so I think it will all fit in these. not you traditional basket - but I think we can find used for them after- like take to the beach or store toys etc.

JanBaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Michaels has them 40% off this week. The selection at my store was meh but maybe you'll have better luck.
    DD 1/2009
    DS 12/2011

We have opted for the non-traditional basket and use the Melissa & Doug Sunny Patch Happy Giddy Pail for my older son. He loves it and uses it at the beach (and plays with it through out the year). It's supercute, IMO.
    You can check it out here:
    http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-S...2785032&sr=8-4

Melissa & Doug has other Sunny Patch pails as well (crab, octopus, etc). I'm thinking of getting the crab pail for son #2, who's new on the scene this year.
    I checked out traditional Easter baskets while I was out today, but I think we'll continue to use these. Being somewhat of a minimalist, the "double duty" of these pails really appeals to me, and my son also seems to really enjoy that the Easter Bunny fills up his pail!
    Good Luck!

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I want to find a deal on those crocs looking totes and put their stuff in there. I think those would be nice for the pool.

ckso is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I've been reusing the basket I bought in prior years. Does everyone usually buy new ones every year?

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I have usually bought some kind of storage type basket and reused it for toys or something. We've never really purchased a true Easter basket.

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Just like the person above - - i also bought the pastel colored bins from the dollar store! I think they are perfect - and can't beat $1! They had quite a few different colors - so each child would be different. I was also thinking of putting some easter stickers in there - - so they can decorate them and use them for awhile - - then i recycle cause we have TOO MUCH STUFF!

Last year i bought the Lego storage bins and used them as their easter baskets.

I just wrap it all up in the dollar store cellophane and it looks like it came from the Easter Bunny.

We do have some traditional baskets - - but we only re-use them every year to decorate and for the egg hunts! The easter bunny finds something new to use every year so we're not stuffing the night before!

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

TRU has a bunch for 50% off online- free shoprunner shipping
    http://www.toysrus.com/family/index....41246&view=all
    "Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast