Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBoo View Post
    We're eating at MIL's tonight so I have no idea what's for dinner. Before we made that plan, I was going to make bean burgers. They are super easy and very yummy. It is rare for DH to give full approval of vegetarian meals (I usually cook a meat-free dinner 1-2 times per week) but he raved about these burgers and the kids gobbled them up. LMK if you want the recipe! Did I mention they are easy??
    I need the recipe too!
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We don't follow Lenten practices, but just happen to be having fish- a tuna loin seasoned with roasted peppers and garlic. DH is cooking so I am not really sure what he is doing.
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

cuca_ is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I am making butternut squash soup and bread. But the kids were starved a half hour ago so they ate some wf cheese ravioli.

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Bean Burgers - serves 6

2 (15.5 oz each) cans pinto beans, drained, LIQUID RESERVED
    1 cup dry breadcrumbs
    2 large eggs, lightly beaten
    1 tsp. ground black pepper
    1 tsp. garlic powder
    1/4 cup olive oil (I'm pretty sure I didn't use THAT much)
    Your favorite burger toppings
    6 Whole wheat buns

Fork-mash 1 can of the pinto beans. In a medium bowl, mix mashed beans, whole beans, breadcrumbs, eggs, pepper and garlic. Add enough bean liquid to hold the mixture together and be moist, without being wet. Divide into 6 equal portions and flatten into 4-inch patties.

Warm buns in a 300-degree oven, about 5 minutes. Heat oil in a large (12") skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook, turning only once, until a crisp brown crust forms on both sides, 6-8 minutes total. Serve on buns with your favorite burger toppings.

These go great with pepper-jack or smoked gouda cheese on top, and with BBQ sauce. Yum....

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

I'm making a cioppino (which is a seafood stew) from stuff from trader joes. First I got their frozen cioppino from the seafood area, then I'm going to add the steamer clams, also from the seafood area, and them I'm serving it over TJ's whole wheat spaghetti and a salad from Trader Joes as well.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

My go to Lenten Friday meal is plain old spaghetti and jarred tomatoe sauce with some take nbake bread. It's fast and easy. I rarely make meatless
    spaghetti so no one balks too much.

Sometimes we'll do pancakes for dinner. We often do meatless Dominoes. The kids love to help make the pizzas on their website.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    I'm making a cioppino (which is a seafood stew) from stuff from trader joes. First I got their frozen cioppino from the seafood area, then I'm going to add the steamer clams, also from the seafood area, and them I'm serving it over TJ's whole wheat spaghetti and a salad from Trader Joes as well.
    oh my goodness, this sounds so good to me right now!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

KHF is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Filet-o-Fish

And I'm not even Catholic.
    DD - 2005
    DS - 2008

Mopey is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBoo View Post
    Bean Burgers - serves 6

2 (15.5 oz each) cans pinto beans, drained, LIQUID RESERVED
    1 cup dry breadcrumbs
    2 large eggs, lightly beaten
    1 tsp. ground black pepper
    1 tsp. garlic powder
    1/4 cup olive oil (I'm pretty sure I didn't use THAT much)
    Your favorite burger toppings
    6 Whole wheat buns

Fork-mash 1 can of the pinto beans. In a medium bowl, mix mashed beans, whole beans, breadcrumbs, eggs, pepper and garlic. Add enough bean liquid to hold the mixture together and be moist, without being wet. Divide into 6 equal portions and flatten into 4-inch patties.

Warm buns in a 300-degree oven, about 5 minutes. Heat oil in a large (12") skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook, turning only once, until a crisp brown crust forms on both sides, 6-8 minutes total. Serve on buns with your favorite burger toppings.

These go great with pepper-jack or smoked gouda cheese on top, and with BBQ sauce. Yum....
    I am so trying this some time!

And we are "recovering" catholics and I completely don't do Lent but it turns out we are having rosemary shrimp with garlic cannellini beans and wilted arugula tonight!
    Mom to Miss Mopey! 3/12 & Baby Boy GoGo! 7/15

"Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

amm40 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Homemade chicken noodle soup and mini corn muffins. Chicken hardly counts as meat, right?
    DS1 8/08
    DS2 8/11

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast