Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    janeybwild is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default SMASH: anyone else hooked on the TV series?

I really love it. It's on Monday nights here. Anyone else?

I wouldn't say I'm hooked, but I've been enjoying them on Hulu. That Ellis character is trouble. Anjelica Houston certainly enjoys (over)acting, that's for sure. I actually like Debra Messing in this, she's annoyed me up until now.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

OMG Ellis the assistant is a slime ball.

And I'm not fond of Ivy at all.
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

janeybwild is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Yes! I can't wait to see how that plays out. Can't believe I felt sorry for him at the beginning.
    At the end of every show, I can feel myself smiling. Gorgeous music and choreography.

Just watched the first episode on hulu. I'm interested and will keep watching for now. Can't decide if I really love any of these characters, except maybe the director guy with the spiky hair that Tom hates. Maybe I'm supposed to hate him too, but I don't as of now. We'll see. I do like all the singing.
    big sister (11/09)
    little brother (1/14)

"I guess that's the real circle of life. Your parents faked their way through it, you fake your way through it, and hopefully you don't raise a serial killer." --Phil Dunphy, Modern Family

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I like it, but I do have concerns about whether it's going to run out of storyline quickly. I really like Debra Messing's character, though don't love the affair storyline, but we'll see I guess. I also like Anjelica Houston's character and the British director guy. I'm not bothered by Ivy's character, but to be fair, I'm also not a huge Katharine McPhee fan, either.
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

Quote Originally Posted by boolady View Post
    I'm not bothered by Ivy's character, but to be fair, I'm also not a huge Katharine McPhee fan, either.
    Same here. I don't find KM very charming. Ivy is a diva, but I think she's ok beneath that.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

mctlaw is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Same here. I don't find KM very charming. Ivy is a diva, but I think she's ok beneath that.
    MC

Fair Queen-Ruler of the House of Boys
    Mom to DS 3/06
    DS 2 6/12
    and a 12 year old (boy) min pin

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    It seems to me that at least initially, she earned the part. She did the research, she certainly looks the part, she put more of an effort into "being" Marilyn in auditions, and she can sing it. Normally I root for the underdog with the best of them, but in this instance, I think she'd get the part in the real world, hands down.

Clearly, I'm supposed to really want KM to get the part, but I just don't care. Maybe that will change, I don't know.
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

Quote Originally Posted by boolady View Post
    Clearly, I'm supposed to really want KM to get the part, but I just don't care. Maybe that will change, I don't know.
    This is where I am too. I want to like KM's character, but I don't have much to go on right now. Her boyfriend is a sweetie though.
    big sister (11/09)
    little brother (1/14)

"I guess that's the real circle of life. Your parents faked their way through it, you fake your way through it, and hopefully you don't raise a serial killer." --Phil Dunphy, Modern Family

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast