Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Same here. I don't find KM very charming. Ivy is a diva, but I think she's ok beneath that.
    It seems to me that at least initially, she earned the part. She did the research, she certainly looks the part, she put more of an effort into "being" Marilyn in auditions, and she can sing it. Normally I root for the underdog with the best of them, but in this instance, I think she'd get the part in the real world, hands down.

Clearly, I'm supposed to really want KM to get the part, but I just don't care. Maybe that will change, I don't know.
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm watching, and Ellis is SUCH a sleaze I can barely handle it.

Interesting so far.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Quote Originally Posted by boolady View Post
    Clearly, I'm supposed to really want KM to get the part, but I just don't care. Maybe that will change, I don't know.
    This is where I am too. I want to like KM's character, but I don't have much to go on right now. Her boyfriend is a sweetie though.
    big sister (11/09)
    little brother (1/14)

"I guess that's the real circle of life. Your parents faked their way through it, you fake your way through it, and hopefully you don't raise a serial killer." --Phil Dunphy, Modern Family

Quote Originally Posted by boogiemomz View Post
    This is where I am too. I want to like KM's character, but I don't have much to go on right now. Her boyfriend is a sweetie though.
    I have to confess I didn't realize KM's boyfriend was South Asian. I didn't even hear his name until later (I think it's Dev?). His British accent just made me think he was British. DH still laughs at me and says it's SO OBVIOUS to him that Dev is South Asian. I love that they cast a man of color as KM's boyfriend (provided he doesn't lose her to the sleazy director!). Dev seems so supportive and loving, I'm afraid he's going to get screwed over.

KLD313 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I wouldn't say hooked but I watch it. I cannot stand KM, hated her on Idol and feel the same way now. She's not a good actress but I do think she sings well. I like Ivy and Debra Messings character.

Not hooked but liking it more and more.
    Alicia
    Mama to four amazing children.

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by boogiemomz View Post
    Just watched the first episode on hulu. I'm interested and will keep watching for now. Can't decide if I really love any of these characters, except maybe the director guy with the spiky hair that Tom hates. Maybe I'm supposed to hate him too, but I don't as of now. We'll see. I do like all the singing.
    I like him! The actor was on Flash Forward, which got abruptly cancelled. I liked that show and liked him, so I'm glad to see him back on tv. It makes me like his character automatically.
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

So far so good...not loving everything about it, but enjoying because I'm a sucker for a big musical production and music is great.
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieJ View Post
    I like him! The actor was on Flash Forward, which got abruptly cancelled. I liked that show and liked him, so I'm glad to see him back on tv. It makes me like his character automatically.
    I think of him as the guy in BBC's "Coupling". His character was the bumbling sweet sitcom boyfriend, so it's funny seeing him as the "dark lord". Although I guess he was kind of a jerk in "Pirates of the Caribbean"
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2