cntrymoon2 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default How do I prevent my FB activity (likes, comments, etc) from showing up on my wall?

There must be a setting that I am missing, even though I feel like I looked everywhere. When I comment on someone else's post, or like something, it shows up in my husband's news feed, even though it does NOT show up on my wall when I look at it. I'd rather have my likes, comments, etc. private. Is there a way to do that?

That just started happening in the past week. And it's really annoying, since I really don't care about what my friends post on other people's walls. I guess it's time to take a look at my privacy settings again.

Do you mean the ticker on the right? I don't think there's a way to control that . But if there is, I'm all ears because I don't like it either!
    Green Tea, mom to three

No. All of a sudden we are seeing things on our actual regular feed that we didn't used to see. Mainly, when our friends comment on pictures and status updates of people we don't even know! That stranger's status or picture shows up on our feed now and it's really quite annoying! I've been spending quite a lot of time unsubscribing from my friends' likes and comments now, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to keep my own likes and comments from doing the same thing to others.

I don't think you can. A few months ago there was a bit of a FB meme with people posting to ask you to unsubscribe to their likes and comments. Only one or two of my friends posted it on their wall, and I unsubscribed as they asked. I think it probably was when a lot of people first got timeline.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

cntrymoon2 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The weird thing is that I don't see DH's activity- not his likes or comments (unless it is a friend we have in common). So there must be a setting somewhere that I can change. The only difference I can think of is that he has timeline and I don't. Other than that, what the heck. I definitely never opted to unsubscribe to anything for him, and he doesn't have me on any restricted lists.