Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Help me pick a color for the nursery

We just found out that we are having DD2 I am trying to pick a color for her room. Pink is NMS. DD1's room is light purple and I want DD2's room to be different. Yellow won't work because the hallway is yellow and if the colors weren't exactly right, it would drive me insane. A lot of the other rooms in our house are light green (my favorite color) and DH says that it is starting to look overwhelmingly green...although I think a green nursery would be darling

What other colors? Peach? Creamsicle?
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

There was a recent thread about blue for a girl's nursery. You might look for that thread for ideas.

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I vote orange!
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

What about a light pretty green? Behr makes one called Mountain Haze that is really refreshing but not "bright". If you want darker Restful (behr) is also really nice
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

What about something in the coral/salmon range? Not traditional pink, but still fairly girly. Or a silvery gray? I had a powder room painted Manhattan Mist (pretty sure it was Behr), and it was cool because it changed tone depending on what color accessories I put with it.

ETA: Or maybe teal or turquiose? I was looking at some cute bedding with those colors.
    Last edited by BDKmom; 11-22-2011 at 03:38 PM.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

I say blue! I love blue, so pretty and calming. If we end up buying a house anytime soon, I am going to do a blue room for my toddler dd.

If you like yellow you could paint from the same paint strip as the hallway, just go up or down one or two chips and it should look right together. My ds' nursery was yellow with a pale blue ceiling with clouds painted on it.

Catherine

Love blue, and you can do blue-gray, or blue green. Blue with any accent color looks beautiful.

My favorite blue - glass slipper by Benjamin Moore

Your house sounds like mine. A lot of light green and yellow. This time we went for a change and did Valspar Sparkling Lake from Lowe's. http://www.myperfectcolor.com/en/col...Sparkling-Lake

We are having a surprise gender baby and I think it is a perfect color for either sex. A greenish blue that can be accented with pink, red, purple, green, yellow, anything!

In fact, it looked so good in our house that 3 of our friends also picked up the color and painted rooms in their house the same thing. It is soothing, yet vibrant.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I did periwinkle for ds2's room . It is on the girlie side- we didn't know what we were having and I just liked the color. It is one of the Laura Ashley paints from Lowe's- Sapphire, I believe. I love it.

Beth

Here is another picture of Sparkling Lake, in real life http://www.flickr.com/photos/mckayvb/3289138494/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast