Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Wow article about bedwetting.

I'm calling my ped in the morning about this. Wow.
    http://mobile.slate.com/articles/lif...y_missed_.html
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

That makes a lot of sense to me. It really is not much different than the urinary issues pregnant women have.
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The thing that is amazing to me is that the kid can be pooping as normal but still be totally impacted. How the heck is a parent supposed to figure this out if their ped says "it's okay for a 5 year old to be soaked every night" and they are pooping every day? This is crazy!!
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

BeachBum is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Very interesting. Thanks for posting.

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DD was filled to the small intestine with poop and we found that when she was backed up she had more accidents. We sought help b/c of belly pain and the accidents stopped as a result of keeping her poop the constancy of pudding.

Now when she starts having accidents I will know that after this article it could be a sign she is backed up.

Good info, thanks.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Extremely interesting article. DS wet the bed until he was 6. DD is 4 and wears an overnight pullup with a diaper doubler inside (or her bed would be soaked nightly). My best friends DS is 7 and wears a pullup nightly that he soaks through and soaks the sheets as well.

I'm going to mention this article to the ped at DD's 5 yr old well visit.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

Minnifer is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Really good info to have, thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by nfowife View Post
    How the heck is a parent supposed to figure this out if their ped says "it's okay for a 5 year old to be soaked every night" and they are pooping every day? This is crazy!!
    Yep, wondering this myself - taking this into account, when would night wetting be considered a problem/abnormal where this should be looked into? I thought it was after age 6 and that kids needed some sort of hormone to have developed in order to have the ability not to wet at night, but I'm assuming that's without taking this into account. DD is almost 4 and has been day trained since right after turning 2, but needs a pullup at night (although at this point it's dry in the morning about 70% of the time).

I also have a feeling drs are going to be dismissive of this if parents raise it
    Lucky single mama to DD 5/08 and DS 6/11

Wow- thanks for posting! I'm going to ask DD's doctor about this as well. She's 3.5 but has been having a lot of accidents lately (and has to wear a diaper every night or she'll soak herself & the bed), and I wonder if it's because she's constipated. Can a parent just ask for them to do x-rays to check things out? I'm hoping the catheter and everything wouldn't be necessary if the x-rays are done first?

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Holy crap! (no pun intended). And I'm also wondering when to worry that this might be an issue. DD2 has been on Miralax since she was 15 months old and wears a pull-up at night (which is soaked in the morning). DD1 has never been constipated and is dry from 7pm until 7am when she wakes up to use the potty. But - they're only 3.5 and no one expects a 3.5yo to stay dry all night...

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

WOW. This makes me wonder about DD2, who still wears an Pullup to bed and it's wet every morning.

DD1 had severe constipation issues when she was younger, but I never thought it with DD2.

Yikes. I think I should get them both going on the Miralax!!
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast