Jai is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Best time of year to buy swing set?

We definitely want to have a swing set by next summer (2013), so I would like to buy one on sale/clearance this year. When is the best time to buy?
    ------------
    SAHM to DS 2/09

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think they start clearancing swingsets in August or so. I bought a swingset from Walmart in September and they had rollback pricing making the swingset somewhere around 15-20% cheaper. I think many clearance them for less than that, but Walmart's price was already pretty good to start with. It was a gorilla swingset.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We got ours when DD was 15 mos old. It was great timing because shortly after it I had DS1 and she got to enjoy it for longer than if we'd waited until she was older. It was also a great excuse for friends with older DC to come over/be entertained. Ours was a Playaround from Sam's and it seems the price of our model has gone up more than $100 per year! I say go ahead and get it now and start enjoying it. Find a price and configuration that fits your space and go for it!

Jai is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

------------
    SAHM to DS 2/09

I agree with WatchingThemGrow! We got our Rainbow system when DD had just turned 2 (and her brother was a newborn), in early October. We got a floor model that was being discontinued, and since it was October everything was on sale and they were doing free installation, etc., etc. We also ordered an extra baby swing for it and a couple other things and those were on sale, too.
    I figured people would think we were crazy for getting it when the kids were so young, but honestly, it was great because I could go out there & play with DD when the baby was inside napping, and I could also bring him out in his car seat or Baby Bjorn and push DD on her swing/ play in the sandbox underneath/ whatever. We also host a lot of play dates, so it's been fun to have it for the other kids.