diamond is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default please educate me about jeans

I am looking for some well fitting jeans. I'm 5.5 and weigh 150lbs right now with a mommy pouch in front which I would like to cover. (Have a 4 month old). Plz recommend some jeans which might work for me. How do you guys know they really fit you well? And where you need to alter?
    Also what's with designer jeans I keep reading? I have never owned one or even seen one before. Are they really that good that u can spend so much on them. Can people tell u r wearing designer jeans? Anyway I have a 4 month old baby and aiming to loose 25 lbs in the next year so don't want to spend too much but do need some nice fitting ones right now
    I read in previous thread abt gap long and lean in dark wash? Has anyone tried and like them? What does dark wash mean? Is it some sort of color? Plz educate me abt jeans. I have some jeans which I don't even remember where I got from which r not great and definitely don't fit me right now. Ty

avd3875 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I read about the Levi's at Costco here (http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=426769). I picked up a pair and they're perfect. The general consensus was to go down a size, I agree.
    Annemarie
    DS 2003
    DD 2009

Canna is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

This blog post on jeans is awesome - funny and helpful. Also check out the "Sequel" (link at the bottom of the blog entry) in which the author helps her own mom get great-looking jeans.

http://www.graspingforobjectivity.co...long-butt.html

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I think the Levi's at Costco might be a good place to start if you're planning on losing weight. I wouldn't want to invest in designer jeans if I was in transition, so to spewk.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I would recommend you take a look at Lucky Brand Sweet N Low jeans. They are very flattering for mom bodies!

for Sandy Hook

diamond is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Ty for all replies. Don't have costco membership will look into lucky jeans. Canna ty for posting that link. It was too good. I learned so much as to how to fit jeans and it was so funny. My husbands task is to master it this week and we will go jean shopping next weekend. Yay

I like Lucky Brand Classic Rider jeans for everyday wear. Easy Rider if you like your jeans looser. I've bought the last two pairs from Marshall's for $34.99 and $24.99 on clearance. Prior to that I was able to snap them for 50% off from the company's website or store. I've also been able to get designer jeans like Citizen of Humanity and Seven for All of Mankind for >$40 plus tax at Nordstrom Rack, Outnet clearance and MyHabit.com. At these prices it's a no brainer even though I plan to lose another 10 lbs.
    Mom to DS born on Thanksgiving 2003