Thanks to all the wonderful BBB fashionistas, I got my act (somewhat) together this fall/winter work wardrobe. I did more daring mix and match, wore shoes other than black or brown, and found some cute chunkier/longer necklaces to accessorize with. I no longer feel frumpy. Well, spring and summer are on the horizon and I need more advice. I'm on vacation for the months of June and July. I primarily hang out at home with the kiddos and dog. We may venture to the playground, zoo, etc but nothing fancy. My usual summer attire is shorts (maybe a skort) with birks and tshirts. What can I do to look pulled together? IMO I just can't see wearing too much jewelry (if at all) or scarves when it's hot and humid. If I'm not leaving the house I can't accessorize with a purse or wristlet and even if I am out and about I'm just not a "change your purse with your outfit" kind of gal.

I see all these outfits pinned on Pinterest and what makes them look great is the purse and big chunky colorful jewelry and matching nail polish. Just doesn't seem practical to me.