Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I love it! Get it!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Quote Originally Posted by elektra View Post
    That would look great! Today it's 25% off all women's dresses at Boden. FS/FR.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    That would look great! Today it's 25% off all women's dresses at Boden. FS/FR.
    Got it!

wendibird- dresses I tell ya!
    I totally hear you on not always wanting to go too crazy on the accessories- I feel like a dress alone can look more "pulled together" than just a tshirt and shorts if you don't want to bother with accessories.
    DD
    DS

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

WHY did I click on this?! Now I have the pewter one in two sizes in my cart. FS/FR, why not...
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Twoboos View Post
    WHY did I click on this?! Now I have the pewter one in two sizes in my cart. FS/FR, why not...
    (I got the 8L.) I love the look of Maxi dresses but it's hard to find one that would work with a bra or that I feel might look right on me. Hoping this works!
    DD
    DS

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

(I got the 8L.) I love the look of Maxi dresses but it's hard to find one that would work with a bra or that I feel might look right on me. Hoping this works!
    I know, I'm wondering about the bra, too.

And with most maxi dresses I always turn out to be just the wrong height for them, they drag on the ground. I need a "short" maxi dress, LOL.

ETA: OMG, they have it in petite, this may be just what I need!!
    Last edited by Twoboos; 03-13-2012 at 07:24 PM.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

You tall, skinny girls get all the good dresses (heck, clothes). Maxi dresses on 5'2" and slightly curvy doesn't look all that hot, imo.

mjs64 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    Also a non-fashionista here, but I believe the concept is three items of clothing makes a outfit. So t-shirt and jeans are not an outfit. But t-shirt, cardigan and jeans are an outfit. Iirc, jewelry does not count toward the three. Tougher to do when it is hot as layers are not necessarily comfortable then.

Catherine
    Lightweight shortsleeved cardigans are something I'm always looking for in spring/summer. Easy to remove outdoors and then to put back on once inside (air conditioned offices, homes, stores, libraries, etc.).
    My baby boy is 3!

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    You tall, skinny girls get all the good dresses (heck, clothes). Maxi dresses on 5'2" and slightly curvy doesn't look all that hot, imo.

I'm 5'2" on a good self-esteem day. 5'1" most other days. I also have large breasts that never shrunk after weaning either kid. While they help to balance out my hips and butt, they also mean that I have to wear a bra. No shelf bras or bandeaus or tanks with bra linings for me. That makes summer dresses hard because I need a petite and I need wide enough straps to cover my bra.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Echoing what pp's have said--cotton woven or knit dresses, skirts with fitted t's, lightweight cardi's as compleater pieces in the AC.

I need to get some cute, but comfy metallic sandals and some longer, casual necklaces. I think they can elongate your line and make you look slimmer, esp. W/a single color dress.

I've heard maxi skirts are in again. I saw a cute, not too volumnious one in a magazine with an obi type belt. Looked so elongating and slimming. Would love to see if I could get sometng like this to work for me.
    Last edited by DrSally; 03-13-2012 at 10:30 PM.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast