Default BIG thumbs up for REI and Tinyprints CS

Placed an order for several sale things back before Christmas. Got some great deals and free shipping. Received my order and one pair of socks I got on clearance for $3 were clearly two different sizes - like one was a L and one was a S. Didn't really think it was a big deal but was going to use for stocking stuffers for DS. Felt kind of silly for doing so but I called CS and laughingly told the guy about the mismatched sizes and said I know it's no big deal in the scheme of things but just wanted them to know - didn't really expect anything out of it. He was awesome. Took it very seriously and acted like that $3 pair of socks was the biggest deal and searched for another pair to replace them. Sold out of that particular kind so he finds a set of two pairs on clearance and sends them out ASAP. They are great socks. I will definitely keep shopping at REI just because of the CS.

Yesterday I get the mail and there is a letter from tinyprints. I open it and find a letter and a $50 gift certificate! I ordered my Christmas cards from them and when I placed the order they were running a special on rush shipping and super-rush shipping. I paid $9.95 for super-rush since they would get there on Friday and I would have the weekend to work on them and get them out a little earlier. Well, they didn't show up on the Friday so I called to find out what happened and they had some sort of delay. I nicely told the guy I was a little disappointed because I really wanted to have the weekend to work on them. He volunteered to refund the shipping cost so I was more than happy with that even though I had to wait to get the cards - they still got there earlier than standard shipping. So, the letter I got yesterday was an apology about my order being late and the gift certificate to use on anything at tinyprints. Talk about above and beyond! I planned on using them again anyway because our cards turned out so great but this just reinforced it.
    Stacey
    Mama to DS '03
    DD '06
    and DD '10

for Samuel

mypa is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Wow, those are some great CS! Thanks for sharing.
    Mary

DS Summer '05
    DD Fall '08

oneplustwo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

More and more, I'm switching my shopping to stores known for excellent customer service. REI has become a favorite over the last year. Now I need to give TinyPrints more consideration! Thanks for sharing this with us.
    “The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one often comes from a strong will,
    and the other from a strong won’t.” Henry Ward Beecher

Worry is like a rocking chair ~ it keeps you busy but it doesn't get you anywhere.

for Sandy Hook Elementary School