Question What convertible seat for a tall/heavy baby?

What would you recommend as a convertible seat for a tall/heavy baby? DD is almost 6 mo old and is in the 95th percentile for height and weight. I would really like to rear face her until at least 2+ so I'm worried about going with a seat with a 35lb RF limit. I was going to get a true fit, but that has the lower weight limit. I want to keep the price below $150 if possible. I like the premium latch connectors and would LOVE to have head wings like the boulevards do, but I dont know if I'm asking too much or if that seat exists at that price. HELP please! What do you guys think of the complete air? Do you know of any good deals out there?

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Given your price range and RFing goal, I would suggest a Britax Roundabout 55.

http://www.babyboutiqueoutlet.com/Pr...ode=briround55

http://www.amazon.com/Britax-Roundab...2537312&sr=1-1
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

How about a graco myride? I think the roundabout wouldn't get much use ff'ing. The CA is very popular on car-seat.org, I haven't tried one myself.

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I love my Complete Air, and found it on clearance at Target for around $80 or $90, I forget. If you get one, make sure it has the two recline lines so that you can install it more upright. Some people are wary of it because it has a 40" RF maximum height in the US. My very tall 2.5-year-old is 36" tall, so I'm pretty sure he'll make it to at least 3 RF.

The only thing I don't like about my Complete Air is that it's a Dorel seat. I love the install, the continuous harness (my husband hates that part), the latch connectors, the no-rethread harness, the weight (it's great for travel -- I can FF in the plane and easily RF again at our destination).

I liked it so much that I traded my Radian XT for another Complete Air65.