Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Easter Baskets?

azzeps is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Easter Baskets?

Hi!

I'm looking for some feedback on the PBK Easter baskets. Are they as nice as I imagine they'd have to be for the amount of money they cost? I am considering two, one for each child, but can hardly stomach the price of the basket + liner + personalization, even in the small size. What do you think? Is there something equally nice out there that doesn't cost so much? ($43 each with free shipping). Plus, they're backordered...

thanks!

We have some baskets from target that are cute and very well made. I personally don't think the PBK baskets are worth the money unless you can get a really great sale. JMO others would disagree.
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

Jai is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I bought the liner from PBK and purchased a basket from Michaels.
    ------------
    SAHM to DS 2/09

I totally think they are worth it!! The one I have is very sturdy and will last for years. I have looked at Target and did not see any that were near the quality of the PBK one. Maybe I am overlooking them since so many people here have them and love them. The ones at Target that I have seen are very flimsy and cheap looking. I bought my PBK basket last year and had to pay shipping. I think they have free shipping now, so that is a savings this year.

Here is a link discussing the same question:

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/sho...easter+baskets

wallawala is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have a large white and a brown one. IMHO the brown one is sturdier than the white, but both are substantial and very nice.

My ILs gave them to us for the kids easter present. I love them, but am the type to obsess about tiny details. If I had to pick one or the other, I'd spend on the liners (monogramed!!) and get the basket elsewhere.

I'm assuming if you are looking to spend that kinda $ on easter, you'll be using these for years, so maybe try to hold out for a sale and build up to the perfect set over time? Seemed to me the baskets and most of the liners sold out last year online, but you might have better luck in stores, especially if you have a few stores in your area. We have 2 PBK in town, and one is already sold out of the brown baskets. The SA didn't know if they were getting more before Easter, so YMMV.

geochick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My 8 year old has had his since his first or second Easter. It still looks great. That doesn't mean there aren't other baskets out there, but I do recommend the PB basket. You might wait until right after Easter. OCCASIONALLY they go on sale...if there are any left.

I bought the small liner with personalization at PBK and got my basket at Target for $15. Initially, I tried to get a basket from Michaels, but when I brought them both home, put the liners on and compared them side by side, the Michaels one, for half the price, had a warped handle, was wobbly, and seemed flimsier and slightly smaller. The Target one looked nearly identical to the PBK one with similar quality, although I was bummed I had to pay full price at Target.

This is ours (before chocolate):
    Muffin, 2010
    Bubba, 2013

"You've probably heard the expression 'I believe in God, just not organized religion.' I don't think people would say that if the church truly lived like we are called to live. The expression would change to 'I can't deny what the church does, but I don't believe in their God.' At least then they'd address their rejection of God rather than use the church as a scapegoat." Francis Chan

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsmama View Post
    I bought the small liner with personalization at PBK and got my basket at Target for $15. Initially, I tried to get a basket from Michaels, but when I brought them both home, put the liners on and compared them side by side, the Michaels one, for half the price, had a warped handle, was wobbly, and seemed flimsier and slightly smaller. The Target one looked nearly identical to the PBK one with similar quality, although I was bummed I had to pay full price at Target.

This is ours (before chocolate):
    Wow, that basket looks like a PBK one!! Where in target are these baskets? I was looking the other day in the Easter section and my target did not have one like that!

azzeps is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Hmm, I guess I need to look next time I'm in Target without the kids (the Easter bunny is going to deliver these baskets!) Thanks for all the feedback. I do like the PBK ones... so maybe if I don't have time to shop around, I will just order them. I would really like to go to the PBK and look at them (I'm a visual learner!) but who has time for the MALL and SHOPPING???? I wish I did!!!

I got the last one over 2 weeks ago, so YMMV. They seemed to have gone fast. Item # is 240 04 1685 Willow Easter Basekt, SKU 873627001961 with a lavender, white and green tag. It was in the easter section.
    Muffin, 2010
    Bubba, 2013

"You've probably heard the expression 'I believe in God, just not organized religion.' I don't think people would say that if the church truly lived like we are called to live. The expression would change to 'I can't deny what the church does, but I don't believe in their God.' At least then they'd address their rejection of God rather than use the church as a scapegoat." Francis Chan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast