My DH has been sick since last Sunday. At first general cold symptoms, but then started running a fever. I finally convinced him to go to the dr. on Thursday (actually a coworker did, he didn't listen to me the 15 times I told him to go). He had an ear infection, but lungs were clear. They gave him anibiotics, which he started taking Thursday night. His fever broke, but he's still congested, coughing, tired, and just not 100%. Now in my world, I'm back to 100% parenting within 24 hours of fever breaking (if i get a break at all) as are many of the folks on this board He has literally done NOTHING since last Sunday (correction, he went to work through 1/2 day Thurs). He is short tempered and just a real pill to be around. He actually apologized tonight, and said he thinks it must be the antibiotics zapping his energy.
So my question (finally) is this - is that possible with antibiotics? Might he have more than just an ear infection? Is he just being a baby? (this is the one that I concluded by this afternoon right before he apologized.) I'll cut him some slack if you wise Mamas say it's possible, but otherwise, I'm at the point of telling him to suck it up or go back to the dr.!!