Question How to get a good deal at Pottery Barn (online)?

I want to buy an overpriced light fixture that is online/catalog only! Not only is it overpriced, but they charge 10% for shipping(!!) and the usual sales tax so I need bargain advice. Is there a way to get a great discount? Do they have a registry discount or is there a big sale that happens yearly (I don't need the light right away)? Thanks all!!

Anyone?

janine is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

They have random 15% codes now and then - I have no idea how one gets on that mailing list though since I have given them my address/email and spent thousands but never get a thing.

You could start a registry and then "complete" it once the date passes for 10% off.

I also get annoyed at PB for having catalog only items, charging a premium (ie mark up) for being PB and then inflated shipping to boot. So you can't see the item, make the purchase and hope for the best.

I know that they have cookies with my email address on them. I get random emails say here's the thing you were looking at. If you put something in your cart and leave it there you will sometimes get a 15% code emailed to you. It takes a couple weeks to see the code.
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

pomf is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

I got a catalog mailed last week with a 15% discount code, so if you aren't getting the catalog already sign up.

Thanks everyone!!!

I'll put it in my cart, and see if they've sent me any catalogs.