View Poll Results: Do you like the idea of a Craft Kit exchange at a birthday party?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I like th idea of exchanging craft kits, everyone leaves with something nice.

4 9.76%
  • No, I like just picking something special out for the Birthday Child.

29 70.73%
  • No, I really prefer "No Gift" parties, most kids have so much anyway.

6 14.63%
  • I like the gift exchange idea but not craft kits, maybe something else.

0 0%
  • Cake and Ice Cream

2 4.88%

Default Birthday Party Gift Exchange Poll

I am thinking of doing a crafts kits exchange for DD's birthday. I have to decide soon because I'm going to send the invitations out in a week. Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Last edited by katydid1971; 03-24-2012 at 05:22 PM.
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

i'm sorta "eh" on gift exchanges, probably because i'm a control freak. i think some kids might get something REALLY great/awesome/appropriate and some kids won't. it's just inevitable disappointment in my opinion...

i AM on the sides of abudant and awesome favors though... i know there is lots of variability on this

i think people would be put off by any sort of exchange. you can try a no gift party, but you have to be prepared for some people to not comply.

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

No to an exchange. I voted a gift for the birthday child, but depending on the age of kid probably <than 5 I am okay with no gift parties. Kids like opening up gifts and I think that makes it special, and kids like to shop for stuff.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by Seitvonzu View Post
    i'm sorta "eh" on gift exchanges, probably because i'm a control freak. i think some kids might get something REALLY great/awesome/appropriate and some kids won't. it's just inevitable disappointment in my opinion...
    I'm not so much a control freak, but I kind of feel this way too. Plus, I remember threads about why craft kits aren't a hit. (My DDs don't have any, so no first hand experience.) I guess people like craft materials, but not the pre-maid kits. Anyway, I personally would think "eh" but wouldn't be annoyed or anything.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I can see it being a hit for an all girl party for girls from 4-8 If it is boys and girls, I would do a traditional gift party or a book exchange.

Hth
    Last edited by KpbS; 03-24-2012 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Typo
    K