GoBlue is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Stackable washer/dryer rec

Hi all-

I think that the washer in my stackable washer/dryer (GE) just bit it. Ugh. Obviously since the girls are 9 months and 3 years old, this is an emergency. We live in a condo, so we have to get a stackable unit. I was expecting this to some degree (the unit has to be more than 10 years old, and the dryer started to get loud a couple of years ago). Anyway, do you have any recommendations? DH and I are both pretty short, so the ones with the controls way up high won't work. I think that would limit us to Kenmore or GE, but I'd love to hear your recommendations and/or warnings!

Thanks!
    Mama to DD1 (3/2009....sassy and spirited) and DD2 (6/2011...sweet and determined). I love my happy little girls.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Do you have space for stacked front-loaders? Not all models stack but we found several options when we shopped a couple years ago. With some if not all you need to buy a separate stacking bracket kit for $40-$100.

We got an LG set and I'm so-so about it but I know there were definitely other brands available.

I'm vertically challenged as well and the control height hasn't been an issue at all.

I can't speak to the height of the controls, but we had stackable Bosch machines at our last house and I liked them a lot.

Catherine