Default Arms reach cosleeper or bassinet?

I'm expecting dd2 in 2 weeks and am trying to figure out sleeping arrangements until we transition into the crib. I have a bassinet set up in my bedroom but a friend of mine lent me her arms reach co-sleeper and I'm wondering about others experiences with them. It seems like a pain to set up and I'm wondering if it's really that different then having a bassinet next to the bed. Thoughts?

We're buying an ARCS. If someone had given me one for free, I would have danced a happy dance. You're lucky.

momm is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

A free arms reach co-sleeper? Kiss your friend.

I used a bassinet for a couple of days but was really unhappy with it and off it went to the basement. it's too difficult to get up and get the baby every couple of hours.. and as it was m first baby, I constantly had to get up and keep checking that he was ok too!!

If I had a co-sleeper it would've been a heaven sent.

Plus, you will use the co-sleeper for much longer than you will the bassinet. I would totally set up the co-sleeper

----------------------------------------------------------------

Nechums is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I had a bassinet for DS1 and ARCS for DS2. It was the best $100+ I've ever spent. I was kicking myself for having missed out on it with DS1. Just imagine, not having to get out of bed to pick up or put down the baby. You can just roll right over! Bonus -- you get to stare at your beautiful sleeping baby without having to get out of bed!
    Proud mom to
    DS1, Sept 2008
    DS2, Apr 2011
    DD, Oct 2012

We used a friends ARCS with DD1 and now a bassinet and a FP rock n play with DD2.

I prefer the ARCS between the 2 but it was inconvenient climbing in to bed around it (nightstand makes the co-sleep further down the bed) and the bassinet has been nice to move room to room. I miss having her, literally, within arms reach though.
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

I'm surprised you were able to do a nightstand with the co-sleeper. I thought I was going to have to do without. Now I'll see if I can make it work, if the co-sleeper doesn't end up too far down the bed.

catsnkid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I loved my co-sleeper. It was a little bit tricker than an PNP but worth it. Probably one of the best baby gear investments there is, esp if you plan to breast feed.
    DS 6/09

Another good thing about the co-sleeper is if you get the full-sized one, it becomes a playard. So there's no need to buy both items. Of course, lots of people get the mini because of the size.

sunnyside is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I loved the ARCS and just lent mine out to a friend. I'm so excited for her to be able to use it with her baby.
    Mama to two sweet girls - Summer 2010 and Spring 2015