Default MB Duet, BJCM Double or Phil or Ted's Double?

I currently have and love my 2011 BJCM for my 15 month old, but, am expecting a second in October. On my local CL I have a listing for a P&T Double for $300 OBO, a MB Duet new w/o box for $450 or a BJCM double for $275. Curious to see what the group thinks. Love the P&T's but not sure about having one little one so close to the ground. Am I being silly?

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

With kids less than 2 years apart, definitely a SBS. What will you mostly be using it for?

Malls, subdivision walks, parades, the zoo, etc. We shouldn't see a lot of off-road action.

I'm really liking the MB Duet. She is asking $450 but is willing to negotiate price. It's a 2011, black, and new but no box. Apparently it was a gift so it was already assembled, etc. What is a fair price to pay?

I'm in St. Louis, MO and there doesn't seem to be a lot of market here for high end strollers. I only occasionally see a high end stroller when we are out and about. I'm thinking that she might not get a lot of interested buyers at the $400-$450 price point.

mariza is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

BJCM, hands down! I loved my P&T but they both outgrew the weight limit of the lower seat pretty quickly. I bought a BJCMicro last year for a Disney trip and if we hadn't outgrown strollers by then I would have kept it longer!
    Monkey See (DD) 01/05
    Monkey Do (DS) 09/06

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Agreed the BJCMD is the best bet! Not sure how good a deal $275 is - do you know what year it is?

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I would go with a Mountain Buggy, or look for a Bob Revolution Duallie. With your kids that close in age I think you are going to want something that will last a while. I used my Bob Duallie at a lot of places including an outdoor mall. Yes both the Bob and the Duet are larger strollers, but they both have air tires, and are very nice strollers. If you are going to do any walking outside for long distances then I don't think that the BJCMD would be the best choice, but it is popular for other trips like the mall and such.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

The BJCMD is a 2008. I believe that her price of $275 is WAY too high. Thanks for the input everyone!

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would get the mountain buggy. I did not like my BJCMD. I've had two of them and I can't stand them.