twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Help! Skype interview on Thurs

What do I wear?? A suit? My feeling is I don't need to wear a suit but should probably wear business casual...

Any suggestions on what to wear and anyone BTDT with Skype (or similar) interviews?

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I had a remote meeting interview two weeks ago and then I also do remote meetings on a daily basis. I would not wear a suit, but a nicer blouse or top with cardigan instead.
    Good luck!
    DD
    DS

I agree not to wear a suit jacket because they kind of bunch up when you are sitting down and look kind of messy. Wear an simple blouse in off white or blue because white doesn't photograph well.
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

What kind of job are you interviewing for? I would expect someone to be in a suit if interviewing with me but we are a customer facing team so that is the norm. I'd wear a solid color and something that is a good color on you.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Good point on color. The recruiter I'm working with said business casual (no suit) is fine. Thanks!

If you haven't done a Skype call before, make sure to test out your system earlier (sound/mike, etc.) and find a neutral location to set up your laptop so they don't have something too cluttered/distracting to look at behind you. GOOD LUCK!