Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    todzwife is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Nowhere, USA.
    Posts
    2,521

    Default Is there a double that fits these specs?

    Can hold 50+ pounds in each seat
    Lightweight (not a BOB, as much as I'd like one) less than 30 pounds
    Umbrella fold
    Decent basket
    Full recline
    decent sun shade

    I do not need AT (I have my bumbleride indie) This is specifically for the zoo and amusement parks.


    Is there one out there like this?

    I had a Baby jogger city mini double that i just sold because DH didn't want it in the garage anymore, but I think it would have worked better than anything else out there. *sigh*
    Shandelle
    Proud mom to Dallin 10/03 Maddie 1/06 Zoey 4/10 Sadie 7/13

  2. #2
    WatchingThemGrow is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    17,821

    Default

    If you want to carry 50 lbs in each seat and still push it, you're going to want air tires. Is there a reason you wouldn't do the Indie to the zoo and amusement park?

  3. #3
    legaleagle is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,390

    Default

    Agreed. But maybe the valco zee or snap? Or the BJCMD-GT.
    DS1 - 8/08 - ff'ing in a frontier 85 & frontier 90
    DS2 - 5/10 - ff'ing in a radian XTSL
    DD - 5/12 - rf'ing in a peg perego convertible & radian XTSL

    Too many strollers to list!

  4. #4
    todzwife is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Nowhere, USA.
    Posts
    2,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    If you want to carry 50 lbs in each seat and still push it, you're going to want air tires. Is there a reason you wouldn't do the Indie to the zoo and amusement park?

    I can't fly with the indie...nothing is local to us, so even a trip to the zoo is a 3 hour drive each way that requires an overnight stay and the indie is so big in the van it really takes up all available cargo space leaving no room for our luggage.
    Shandelle
    Proud mom to Dallin 10/03 Maddie 1/06 Zoey 4/10 Sadie 7/13

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Strollerland
    Posts
    5,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by todzwife View Post
    Can hold 50+ pounds in each seat
    Lightweight (not a BOB, as much as I'd like one) less than 30 pounds
    Umbrella fold
    Decent basket
    Full recline
    decent sun shade

    I do not need AT (I have my bumbleride indie) This is specifically for the zoo and amusement parks.


    Is there one out there like this?

    I had a Baby jogger city mini double that i just sold because DH didn't want it in the garage anymore, but I think it would have worked better than anything else out there. *sigh*
    Depending on how much more than 50 pounds per seat, the Combi Twin Sport fits the bill. I have a review of it, showing different sized children in it. It's going to be about the lightest double out there, and you can find it well under $300. Hello Kitty just posted that she used hers at Disney with a 6 and 7 yr old.
    Strollerqueen

  6. #6
    todzwife is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Nowhere, USA.
    Posts
    2,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strollerqueen View Post
    Depending on how much more than 50 pounds per seat, the Combi Twin Sport fits the bill. I have a review of it, showing different sized children in it. It's going to be about the lightest double out there, and you can find it well under $300. Hello Kitty just posted that she used hers at Disney with a 6 and 7 yr old.
    The 50 pounds wouldn't be an "all the time" thing. More of a "hop in for a few minutes so your legs don't fall off" type of thing. More than likely, I'll have a petite 3 year old and a 15ish pound 6 month old in it than the 45 pound 6 year old and the 55 pound 8 year old LOL!
    Shandelle
    Proud mom to Dallin 10/03 Maddie 1/06 Zoey 4/10 Sadie 7/13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •