Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question If your youngest is 18 months or older,

what do you use for a diaper bag/ purse? I've been alternating between a LE tote and a Skip Hop backpack. I like both because they're black & therefore neutral enough to carry with everything, and they have a pocket on each side to hold my kids' sippy cups. (I have a 1.5 and a 3.5 year old.)

But now I'd like to transition over to more of a purse, something with more style. I don't want it to be too heavy on its own, and I'm thinking maybe I should try something cross-body since I still carry my 1 year old a lot, on one hip.

Any ideas? Or could you share what you use?

Thanks!

rin is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DD is 24 months, and we don't really use a diaper bag. I'll take a larger-than-usual purse, and throw her sippy cup, spare diapers, snack, sweater (if the weather calls for it) and occasionally a toy/book (depending on where we're going) just right into my purse. I don't think we've really used a diaper bag since she was under a year, though, so we might just not be diaper bag types. I'll have to see whether I start wanting a dedicated diaper bag again once DD2 is born!

Giantbear is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

we don't really use a diaper bag either, i have diapers and wipes in a roll mat i grab, but otherwise, we fly solo. Food in an insulated bag and other than elmo, we don't really bring toys anywhere, dd is easily amused by what is going on around her.
    Proud father of dd 5-30-10

We never really used a diaper bag. I kept spare dipes and wipes in the stroller, or in my car, or stuck a couple in my regular purse in a diaper wallet. Same with snacks and toys. I hated lugging a big bag. But I'm also the person who prefers taking only a small carry on bag on vacay.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

I stopped carrying a diaper bag around that age. I just have a diaper and a handful of wipes in a ziplock in my regular handbags. Dd walks to the car herself and carries her sippy of she has one.

If we are taking the stroller instead of the car, she holds her sippy and I have a skip hop saddlebag that I leave attached to my stroller with a diaper and wipes in it.

With older ds I had an overland donner bag that I used as my handbag and similarly carried a diaper and a handful of wipes. That bag does have two bottle spots on the sides, which was nice for taking a sippy for him and a water bottle for me.

Catherine

Adding links to my bags.

This is my fall/winter handbag. http://www.etsy.com/listing/61044963...ptop-messenger. I had it custom made with longer handles so I can wear them over my shoulder.

This is my current handbag: http://www.katespade.com/designer-ha...&cgid=handbags I wear this one cross body.

This is a skip hop saddle bag (mine is the discontinued ocean stripes color): http://www.albeebaby.com/skip-hop-sa...GoogleProducts

This is the overland donner bag. http://www.ebags.com/product/overlan...der-bag/140202. They have changed the fabric and the design a bit since I bought mine, but I think the organization is similar. The strap is adjustable in length and I wore this one as a crossbody.
    Last edited by crl; 04-30-2012 at 04:58 PM.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I just throw a diaper & some wipes into my purse.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by rin View Post
    DD is 24 months, and we don't really use a diaper bag. I'll take a larger-than-usual purse, and throw her sippy cup, spare diapers, snack, sweater (if the weather calls for it) and occasionally a toy/book (depending on where we're going) just right into my purse. I don't think we've really used a diaper bag since she was under a year, though, so we might just not be diaper bag types. I'll have to see whether I start wanting a dedicated diaper bag again once DD2 is born!
    I try to use the smallest bag I can get away with. Back in the diaper stage, I kept 2 diapers, a baggies with 6 wipes, a disposable changing pad and a ziploc in a Diapees/ Wipees type thing. I could then easily switch out purses and know I was well stocked.

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My youngest is currently 20 months. I actually have 2 in diapers, but I am actively PTing DS. I carry a Skip Hop Versa. I guess I should say that I haven't bothered to get a purse, because I'm due again in the summer. Maybe if my current was the youngest for a while, I would go for something smaller.

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My youngest turned 2 in Feb. I stopped carrying the diaper bag because it was just too much - I have a Skip Hop Versa diaper bag. I recently got a regular purse that I carry around. I got a changing station at Babies R Us that fits great in my purse. I didn't get one with a changing pad though - it was too bulky (like the JJ Cole one).

I LOVE it. I keep this in it, and it stays in my purse:
    - 2 size 4 diapers
    - a small pack of wipes
    - a couple of disposable multi-purpose pads
    - a diaper bag dispenser for dirty diapers

I like that I can keep all of the "diaper bag stuff" together and in one place. Then I can have my keys, phone wallet, make up bag, etc in my purse without having to dig through the diaper stuff to find anything.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Maybe because I have three, I switched from a regular purse back to a diaper bag. I love the Skip Hop Studio bag, recommended here. None of my guys are in diapers. But when I carried a regular large hobo, the whole thing became a black hole. I need pockets!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast