Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    cchavez is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Does anybody have a necklace by Lois Hill or David Yurman?

Trying to figure out what I want for Mother's Day.... The Lois Hill ones are so pretty and not as expensive than DY. I like the larger DY Yurman cross but it is almost 400.00! Ouch! I still love my waxing poetic but after wearing it for over 3 years, I want something different. TIA

I have two Yurman necklaces. One broke, had it repaired and it broke again the first time I wore it after repair. As disappointed as I am in the quality, I still love the look.

maydaymommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I love the look of the Lois Hill stuff. (Actually, I haven't looked in quite a while, but years ago I really liked it.)

However, I wore two different silver necklaces of hers, from Nordstrom, and both of them left a greenish/black mark on my skin. I know it happens with some fake silver, and this is real, but something about my skin's chemistry did not agree with the jewelry.

Try it first, or buy from somewhere with a great return policy!
    Big Brother 5/07
    Little Brother 9/09

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I have a DY necklace that I love. I wear it to work and when I go out. Very versatile.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

gobadgers is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have an uncle who knows Lois Hill! He gave me one of her lockets at my wedding. It is one of my most prized possessions and I wear it frequently. Even without the connection, I just love her style!
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

David Yurman definitely. I have had my DY necklace for atleast 5 years. I wear it almost all the time and it has held up very well - even with babies and toddlers pulling on it. It did break once and I took it to a jeweler, who sent it to DY to be repaired (for free). Came back as good as new. I get many compliments on it and love how versatile it is. DD even got a DY necklace for Christmas!
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Thanks for the feedback! I am having a hard time deciding.....the design and the price of the LH I like are great! But the DY is so classic but pricey....can you all post pics of your necklaces? Do any of you have the large cable classics necklace...(the one that costs 375.00). Thanks!

ok...the yurman one I was looking at is the men's...the ladies one is pretty small....unless my friend was wearing another one....the website says one inch and hers looked smaller.....hmm...295.00 is not bad....so here they are:

The Lois Hill is like this one but it is only one tag and it has a cross. I would be less than half the cost of the DY cross:
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/lois-hil...esultback=2187

The DY is like this:
    http://www.davidyurman.com/shoponlin...&keyword=cross

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Mine is a choker necklace (see link below). It's at least 6-7 years old and it's still going strong. I also have a bracelet, earrings and ring to go with it. Everything still looks new and it makes me feel super polished when I wear it!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/David-Yurman...#ht_910wt_1099
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

I have a DY necklace. I like it alot, and hardly ever wear it. I think because it's blue, and doesn't really pop with my wardrobe.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yurman-Blue-...#ht_1457wt_689

I don't believe it really retailed for $850 though. Although it was an anniversary gift, so maybe.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast