Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Which one Ju Ju Be BFF or Petunia Picklebottom Boxy Diaper Bag

My very first post! I'm in the beginning stages of researching items for my shower registry and am currently looking at diaper bags. My sister tells me next to the stroller this is one of the most crucial items! I think I've narrowed it down to the Ju Ju Be BFF or the Petunia Picklebottom Boxy Diaper Bag. Can anyone weigh in on the differences btwn the two (I have not seen them in person.) I want something that is highly organizable, lots of pockets, durable (which is why I kinda ruled out the Skip Hop Versa and Tote...you all love it, but when I read reviews from people that had one for over a year they are falling apart).

I can get the Picklebottom cheaper by going thru ebay but the BFF is expensive. If I don't get it at the shower, not sure I'd wanna shell out that kinda cash.

Thoughts?

I own a PPB. I purchased it on a whim on babysteals not too long after I learned about them, and I had not heard of JJB and the BFF yet. When I learned about the BFF and all the features I had a lot of buyer's remorse... but now that I've been using my PPB for ~4 months now, I LOVE it. There are a few things I wish were different about it, like I wish it had a magnetic closure instead of velcro and I wish it had a carry strap on top. But overall I find it to be a very useful bag. And it's so pretty! The BFF looks smaller in person than I expected it to be, and there have been a few times when I've had to stuff a LOT of stuff in my PPB and I'm happy it holds as much as it does. Not sure I could have stuffed as many blankets/change of clothes/nursing cover in the BFF. I also really like the attached zip-up changing pad.

I really don't think you can go wrong with either, they are both great bags! However, since organization is a top priority for you I think you might like the JJB better.

BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Well I am an organization freak and recently became a huge JU ju Be addict. But I've been through several other bags too. I'm not a fan of the Boxy, it just doesn't seem that organized to me. The attached changing pad isn't that practical for me either. One friend who had one ended up switching to a skip hop because of the lack of organization and space. But many people love them, so I do think they are good bags. And pretty.

There are many places you can get a lower price on a BFF in case you don't get it at your shower. jJB has a message board with a FSOT section and there is a Facebook page where people buy/sell, and of course eBay. Plenty of people buy a bag to try it then sell New with tags or very barely used, at a discount. I paid full price for my first bag but since then have amassed quite a stash for cheap.
    Amy

DS - June 2009
    DD - September 2011

if not the boxy...what other Petunia Picklebottoms do people recommend?

I went to see both of the bags today and the BFF seems small. Pros: backpack straps are WAY better than the PPB. Opens up nice and wide and you can see everything inside better. Drink holders (pockets on sides of bag on outside) are bigger.

Cons: seems smaller than the PBB. Fabric isn't as nice but would be easier to clean as it like vinyl (vs fabric)

I have a PPB Boxy and often times things are just thrown in there because it is quite deep. I do like the fact that the changing pad is attached, but it is not necessary. Their Society Satchel also has hidden backpack straps and I honestly think I may prefer it (don't have one of my own) because it has the main bag area, and two "flaps" that open up on either side of the main bag where you can put other things. Also, it looks more like a purse and can be carried as one as well. They are just rolling out with the glazed versions, which I recommend. If you want, I have pics of the inside of the Society Satchel (checked it out recently) on my phone and I can text it to you, feel free to PM me. I don't know how to post pics on this board.

I also checked out JJB long ago and liked the fact that it is machine washable and has those crumb things. I could not decide on an actual bag though in terms of shape and size. I did not like the messenger option, couldn't commit to the size of the Be Prepared (even though I was/am and over packer), and was not sure about the look of the Packabe. Then I was picky about prints.

My first Boxy got mold somewhere inside and I had it replaced because there is no way to clean it. So based on that, I may go the JJB way, if you like the prints.
    Audrey - Feb 2010
    Anderson - Dec 2011

Please, no babies in 2012!

Ok, so the BFF was not available when I was first preggo. I like it!
    Audrey - Feb 2010
    Anderson - Dec 2011

Please, no babies in 2012!

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am a major JJB fan. All of their bags are machine-washable which is awesome. You can pack a ton in the BFF. Check out the pics here for packing ideas http://www.ju-ju-be.com/pinkroom/vie...f=124&t=135342

JJB bags are very high quality with great organization. If you want to go bigger, you could also get the BePrepared - but I think the BFF is a good size.

lks is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

I had the JJB Be All and then received the PPB boxy bag. I tore my JJB Be All (super long story - but I caught it on a stair railing and ripped it). Nordstrom replaced it with BFF and I LOVE the BFF. I gave my PPB to my sister in law. I can't say enough good things about the BFF. It's so smart and well designed.
    Mom to a little boy, Born November 2009 and
    Baby Girl due December 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by lks View Post
    I had the JJB Be All and then received the PPB boxy bag. I tore my JJB Be All (super long story - but I caught it on a stair railing and ripped it). Nordstrom replaced it with BFF and I LOVE the BFF. I gave my PPB to my sister in law. I can't say enough good things about the BFF. It's so smart and well designed.
    Glad to see this... I was just helping a friend shop for a shower and steered her away from the PPB and toward the BFF. I told her I thought the machine wash-ability would be a better option, along with the organization. Sounds like I steered her correctly!
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

Jujube has brought back the Be Right Back in a redesign. Just another thought if you are still looking.
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~