Default Does Sienna 09 have latch for fwd facing?

Just bought (as in tonight!!) a 2009 Toyota Sienna and must put my carseats in for our trip tomorrow morning... I was looking around in it and found the latch hooks for rear facing at the base of the seats- so one carseat is good. But, my other one is FF and can not find a latch hook for that... Does the Sienna 09 not have one in the middle row? Should I just attach with a seat belt?

FWIW we plan on leaving in less than 12 hours! Gotta figure this out and I need your help!

Thanks!

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Are you talking about the tether anchors? The lower anchors are the same for both forward and rear facing kids. Do you have the manual? It should tell you were they all are.

I guess it's the tether anchors that I am looking for if it's the one for FF carseats. Not sure if we have the manual, gotta ask my husband, who is sleeping- lucky him!
    Would you know where I can look for them?

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

If a seat has the lower anchors, there is definitely a corresponding tether anchor in that position as well. Look on the back of the seat - there may be a flap at the bottom it's hidden under. Or it may be a hook partially down the back. I know that sienna year is flush with LATCH, so you should be able to find it digging around a bit.

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

on my 05 sienna they're on the backs of the seats. In row 2 they're reasonably obvious in daylight

on row 3, they're hidden by a bit of a flap of some sort that covers the back of the trunk when the seat is folded in completely.

you might be able to google a picture or something

Thanks for the help. I guess I should head to sleep and check it out in the morning!
    Good Night!

Yes. The only seat that doesn't have them is the center back seat.
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaS View Post
    A, mommytoC (DD#1, born 11/05)...and to K (DD#2, born 4/09)!

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaS View Post
    I looked at these when I was shopping, and do not have one, but I thought I remembered that the seat that doesn't have them is 3rd row driver's side?

OP, yeah, the anchors you found at the base of the seat will be used for forward-facing too. The tether that goes from the top of the carseat should be there, too.
    Kris