Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    cchavez is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Mother's Day gifts: what do you want? what are getting others?

I am probably going to get more charms for my waxing poetic necklace. I love WP! I have looked at other brands and keep on going back to WP. We just got my mom a webcam and router so will probably get her a small gift...like a gc to a restaurant or mani/pedi? My MIL....a GC somewhere....what's on your list?

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

There's a paint-your-own ceramics place nearby in addition to one in a mall further away. I'm considering taking DD to one of them so she can paint a vase or something for MIL, but I haven't decided yet.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

I'd like an ornamental tree to replace a dead one in our yard. I'm thinking an Eastern Redbud (love the purple in the spring) or a Flowering Pear of some sort.

Of course, gift cards to pretty much anywhere are also always welcome!
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

i think i'd like to get family pictures done by a professional photographer. we don't have very many family pictures or even regular pictures of me with the kids.

other than that, i don't know..a new wardrobe? i'm hoping to lose the last 10 lbs of baby weight by then.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I want season passes to six flags! We went to the park near us for MD last year and it was the best MD ever! Super fun day spent outside in really comfortable temps (we are in the midwest and it was in the 60s last year).
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

MIL is getting a flowering plant (local boy scout fundraiser) and my mom is getting flowers (she travels too much in the summer to maintain a flowering plant). I want another charm for my Chamilia bracelet...specifically the now discontinued strawberry. I take the girls strawberry picking every year and make loads of jam so I think it would be a good charm to have. Trying to figure out how to drop the hint to DH. He's a very thoughtful gift giver and likes to get creative and sentimental so he doesn't always like suggestions.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I want a massage for this pregnant momma. Not sure what I'll get for my mom- maybe a pedicure!

MIL DH can handle.

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

My day off! Will have to negotiate that with Dh.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

HonoluluMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    There's a paint-your-own ceramics place nearby in addition to one in a mall further away. I'm considering taking DD to one of them so she can paint a vase or something for MIL, but I haven't decided yet.
    What a good idea! I think I'm going to do this for both grandmothers.

cindys is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I am hoping to get a charm for my new Pandora bracelet..I would also love a day alone to get a pedi and do what I want but that might be too much to ask!

And towards the end of April Pandora is running a Mothers Day Special so I will doing that for my Mom.

As for MIL...I dont do anything anymore because any gift we have ever gotten her she either always takes it back or gives it away so I dont make an effort for her anymore..I let DH deal with it.

Cindy
    Mama to 3 boys...20, 6 & 3

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast