Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mopey is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I am trying to just go with the flow now and not worry - and I think when she smells me she just wants the boob which is why the other techniques work better for my hubby.

I am thinking about introducing the pacifier pretty soon. I am sure she has the sucking need too (totally falls asleep on the boob). I have just been worried as her latch was a little off for a while when she started getting formula more regularly (that is the answer PP - I am bfar and although I am giving her some breast milk - I even leaked the other day and last night!! - it is not enough so we've had to supplement since the first week). I nurse her all the time for production and for bonding/emotional needs. We did get in snuggles today as she didn't fall asleep until I laid down with her on my chest!

I also agree with the PP about babywearing - could be great at a certain point but right now she wails when I stop walking around LOL I am going to check that FB link on my hubby's account.

I do understand she is still brand new to the world so I am going to stop rushing and just enjoy how cute & tiny she is
    Mom to Miss Mopey! 3/12 & Baby Boy GoGo! 7/15

"Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

another vote for babywearing. i had to do that with DD. she was so incredibly fussy until about 3 months of age. lots of screaming. she wanted to be held or nursed all the time. i either wore her, held her (when DS was napping) or nursed her. sometimes i nursed her while i was wearing her (i became an expert in doing that). i wore her whenever we were out until she was like 7 or 8 months old.

don't feel bad about not being able to do as much books, tummy time or whatever with her..you're still in the newborn stage..trust me you will have plenty of that time later. i realized with my 2nd that those are the kinds of things that you realize are not that essential at that time...i barely did any of that with my DD..i had a 15month old to take care of too, and there was just no way. i just held her all the time gave her the boob whenever she wanted it. i tried giving my DD paci but she was not into it.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mopey View Post

I also agree with the PP about babywearing - could be great at a certain point but right now she wails when I stop walking around LOL I am going to check that FB link on my hubby's account.

I do understand she is still brand new to the world so I am going to stop rushing and just enjoy how cute & tiny she is
    The reason she wails when you stop moving is because she was used to moving with you when she was on the inside. Googling "4th trimester" helps explain it better.

If your C-section incision is in good shape & healing nicely, there's no reason not to wear.

I really hope the NYC group will be a good fit for you two! Getting out more with Miss Mopey will help you feel more like a functional member of society, which is really important for your emotional well-being, IMO. (For me, I went to Target, but I could've gone to a babywearing meeting instead. I will with the next kid.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3