Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What kind of jeans would you get?

I just trashed a pair of jeans so I am down one. What style of jeans would you get?

I have one pair of dark denim with a slight bootcut, one pair of dark denim with straight legs, one rather worn pair of trouser cut, one faded black pair with a trouser cut and one grey pair with a slight bootcut (my favorite pair).

I have big thighs and a small waist. I often have trouble with the waists of jeans gaping. Skinny jeans look terrible on me. I am a SAHM and wear jeans all the time. I would get use out of almost any style that looks good on me. I think I would prefer a neutral color for maximum use with different colored tops, etc.

What color and style would you get? Suggestions, pictures, links welcome!

Thanks!
    Catherine

I have similar body type and the jeans that look best on me are Lucky Jeans Classic Rider for daily wear and Dojo style by 7 by All Mankind for designer/going out. I often can get Lucky jeans from Marshall's/T.J. Maxx for $35 plus tax. Option #2 is to wait for 50% off sale that Lucky Jeans has on a pretty regular basis. They have quite a few on sale right now that are extra 30% off, like this one. I've scored designer jeans for less than 50% off retail from department store clearance, Nordstrom Rack, MyHabit, Yoox etc. My last two pairs were $30-$35.
    Mom to DS born on Thanksgiving 2003

Those both look very nice! The Lucky jeans are similar to the two slight bootcut pairs I have, I think. They are very versatile and my dark denim pair has a white worn spot on my right knee--this is common on my jeans, I must kneel on that knee to help my toddler out a lot. So another pair like that would not go amiss. On the other hand the dojo jeans look more fun (and a bit more like the pair I trashed because they were just worn out, which had flared legs.)

Thank you,
    Catherine

Would white jeans look terrible? I just ordered a couple pairs (Kut from Kloth) from Nordstrom. I'm excited to have a pair again for spring and summer.

I realize they're not great, probably as a SAHM (I'm one, too, so I'm really taking chances with white since I have a 1.5 yo and a 3.5 yo). But maybe you could save them more for weekends when you can keep them a bit more clean. I have the same problem with the knees turning almost white in one of my pairs of jeans (after DS, I only had like 2 pairs of jeans that fit right, so I wore them *constantly*).
    Could you keep the trashed jeans as back-up for messy days?

I think white would be awesome. But I could never keep them looking nice.

(The trashed jeans literally went in the trash as they had holes all around the hems from me wearing them barefoot around the house so they dragged the ground.)

Hope you love your new jeans!

Catherine

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Have you ever tried Paige Hidden Hills jeans? They are pricey, but you can often find them at NR. They are my new favorites but I am not sure how they would do with your small waist issue.
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

ltmommy is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Nthing Lucky Jeans. Is there a store near you? They have fabulous customer service, IMHO. I would go there and try on a bunch of styles. At full price they are still cheaper than many of the premium brands, and they often have smallish sales (I got a tee for 1/2 price when I bought my last pair). Last pair I believe were Sophia super-stretch bootcut, but they have been updating styles lately and you might find something new. They are just about the only jeans that fit my waist and thighs.
    Leslie
    DD 7.04
    DS 4.07

I picked up a pair of Hudsons at NR and they are my go to pair right now.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Another fan of the Lucky Brand jeans. I like the Classic Ruder or the Easy Fit. Ladt time I scored some at Loehman's. When I was about 25lbs smaller pre kids I loved my Citizens of Humanity jeans. I can't remember the style, but they were a classic boot cut.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

So most people are thinking a bootcut?

Thanks!
    Catherine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast