The backstory is I have short legs and "athletic calves". I mean BIG. Thanks to the awesome advice here I finally found a pair of tall boots I love-- Frye Veronica Slouch Extended Calf. They don't slouch on me because the shaft is tighter than designed, but it looks good, and are comfortable. I'd love to buy a second pair in black (I have brown), but they are always sold out online.

On a wierd turn of fate, Endless had the Frye Veronica (not extended calf) one pair in my size in black for $200 (down from $328). So with FS/FR I bought them. I can get them over skinny jeans (a minor miracle), but they are a hair tight and now "slouch" at the ankle. There is an adjustable buckle at the top, but the leather itself needs to stretch about 1/2 inch to really fit like my other pair.

So... they are a deal, I know I have hard leg to fit, and I know I love the boot/style... would you send them back and wait for the extended calf to come in stock albeit at an extra $100+ OR stretch them?

Anyone have recs for streching or is that a take to the cobbler only proposition?? $200 is a good deal for these boots, but that's still a lot of money!