Default Anthro, Boden and so on.....

I know that these are the "in" stores.....but how is the quality?

sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Anthro carries a number of different brands. Quality in general is good, though depends on the specific item.

Boden quality is superb, IMO. The fabric is soft and durable and they hold up well. I had a problem once with a kid's shirt where the collar bunched up after washing, but otherwise they have been excellent.
    shannon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Another Queen of the House of Boys:
    DS#1 2003
    DS#2 my mother's day gift 2012
    DH
    Mikey, the cat and rhinestone-collared, pink-leashed Schatze, our Rottweiler girl

Nechums is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I've actually found Boden clothing to be of sub-par quality considering the price tag. Many of my sweaters and tops have faded, pilled and even ripped.This is after washing them on the delicate cycle and laying flat to dry. I've been very disappointed, but their customer service is amazing. They'll take it back if something's wrong with it...even a year later.
    Proud mom to
    DS1, Sept 2008
    DS2, Apr 2011
    DD, Oct 2012

I am not a huge fan of either. Most of the items at Anthro are NMS, so it takes too much time and efforts to sort through, plus their items typically have too many synthetic fibers for the price. More items at Boden appeal to my esthetics, but prices are still too high, so I have to wait for sales, and they have too many sales, so it's too much work to keep up with it.

Not sure what kind of items you are looking for, but I like t-shirts from Splendid and Michael Stars, which I typically buy from Amazon or daily deal sites such as RueLaLa, MyHabit etc. I also suggest investing into 2-3 pairs of nice jeans such as Lucky Jean, 7 by All Mankind, COH etc. For B&M I buy a fair bit from J. Crew and Banana Republic, which offer better quality than most. HTH!
    Mom to DS born on Thanksgiving 2003

anamika is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Nechums View Post
    I've actually found Boden clothing to be of sub-par quality considering the price tag. Many of my sweaters and tops have faded, pilled and even ripped.This is after washing them on the delicate cycle and laying flat to dry. I've been very disappointed, but their customer service is amazing. They'll take it back if something's wrong with it...even a year later.

I thought it was just me!! I like the style but think the quality is appalling for the price. LE quality is better or similar I think. I didn't realize they'll take it back.
    But I love the styling and happy to buy on heavy clearance.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius