Actually, my question is about when one spouse supervises another spouse, to make my point quickly. My kids' principal has been named the principal of another school in our district where his wife has been a long-time teacher. I assume she's not leaving, since we live in a small district and she couldn't teach her grade level anywhere else. It's a school of about 700 students and one or two vice principals.

I mentioned to another parent that I wondered how they will handle that - principal supervising his wife - and she said she didn't think it was a big deal, spouses work together all the time. I agreed, but said presumably not in a supervisory capacity, but inside I felt a little like an immature school girl for asking. Is this really no big deal? And, out of curiousity, is it awkward as husband and wife to not say things about coworkers when you all work together, especially when one is the supervisor of those coworkers? Do school district make an exception to the chain of command to avoid a person supervising a spouse (like assign supervision of the spouse to a vice principal or assistant superintendent?)

A bit unrelated, but have any teachers here taught a child of a supervisor or fellow teacher? Were parent teacher conferences or communication awkward? That has also been the case for these parents, and they appear to have handled that with no problem.

I believe this will all work out, but I am just curious about the inner workings.