DS will be 8 months next week and I have weaned to only feeding him in the morning and the last feeding at bedtime. It was starting to be too difficult to pump at work and I was partly ready to have some freedom. Not wearing a nursing bra and being able to wear dresses to work is a plus too. I'm actually really happy with our routine now.

I have severe rheumatoid arthritis and had to go off my medication in order to start trying for DS. We had to do infertility treatments which kept me off my meds for quite a while, plus the length of my pregnancy. I have been so fortunate to have been in remission since DS was born, but over the past few months I've started to regress. I saw my doctor today and he recommended going back on Enbrel injections so that we can get it under control before DH and I want to start trying for another DC. So that means I have to stop nursing to start meds.

I guess I'm ready if this is what it takes to get healthy so we can have another DC. I suppose we're just nervous it will take as long to conceive as it did last time so I don't want my condition to delay things further and I'll need several months on meds to get everything back under control.

So to the point of this post (sorry!). . . I am so scared to cut out a feeding and go 24 hours between feedings! Is that the best way to do it? I'm assuming bedtime feeding is cut out last. Any recommendations?! And how do you cut out the last feeding? Cold turkey? Or do you just pump a little bit? I'm just really nervous about all of this!