Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sorry it took me so long to come back to this thread. Thanks so much for all the replies!

Quote Originally Posted by maestramommy View Post
    Hmmm, I use large plastic tubs. They're stacked in our cedar closet in the basement. When the last kid has outgrown the clothes then I donate them. Are you saving for the next kid, or just saving them?
    Well, in theory I'm saving for the next kid, but in the meantime I have been giving all the clothes to my 2 nieces. When DD outgrows the clothes, I put it into storage, and when my nieces are ready for the clothes, I dig them out and send them to my sister-in-law. When they're finished using them, they send it all back and I re-store them.

Quote Originally Posted by acmom View Post
    I store ours in plastic tubs too - waiting to use again, donate or loan to friends. I was thinking the same thing about space recently but I am so glad I kept them in the tubs bc our basement flooded yesterday and I would have lost all the clothes if they weren't in the tubs!
    Good point. In my case though, the clothing is stored in a big closet on the 3rd floor of my home so I doubt flooding would be an issue. Although now that I think about it, technically the roof could leak....

Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    I don't think garbage bags instead of bins would save much space.
    In my particular case, the storage closet I am using has a slanted roof and a lot of space is wasted because the tubs just don't fit in certain places because of the roof.
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I keep the bulkier items in those bags that you can compress: Space bags And the rest inside plastic bins. We have a storage unit in our building, so that solves the space issue for the bins.

Quote Originally Posted by happymom View Post
    In my particular case, the storage closet I am using has a slanted roof and a lot of space is wasted because the tubs just don't fit in certain places because of the roof.
    You could put the compressed space bags on top of the bins, where the roof slants.
    Last edited by edurnemk; 04-27-2012 at 06:59 PM.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by edurnemk View Post
    I keep the bulkier items in those bags that you can compress: Space bags And the rest inside plastic bins. We have a storage unit in our building, so that solves the space issue for the bins.
    I have bad luck with space bags. They always end up leaking, even though I am making sure I follow the directions. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, but in concept they seem great. I just can't seem to get them to work correctly for me.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I also use large plastic storage bins. I have a bin for each size and they are labeled and stored on shelves in the garage. The only time I use garbage bags are in DS1's closet for the clothes in his current size that he's outgrowing now. When I get enough clothes, they will go in a bin.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Pinky is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I use plastic bins too. As she outgrows them I put them in a bin until it gets full and try to keep them labeled with those postit labels (love them!).

Its so easy to end up with too much so I try to go back through mine from time to time so that I can get rid of more when I'm not feeling as emotionally attached to the clothes. ;-)
    DD Spring 2010

zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I use plastic bins (Rubbermaid) that are clear. Label one end with the size.

As luck would have it, we are having a second DD, so I'll be able to dig out all those clothes again! As we go thru that size, I'll purge and keep a few things in a special bin for each girl!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2