Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    sunnyside is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

It gives me a little anxiety that so many people have read my post with so few replies. I know not everyone replies to everything and I am that way too, but over 500 people read it! EEEK! I get a little of a complex! Is that normal?
    Mama to two sweet girls - Summer 2010 and Spring 2015

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Remember multiple views by the same people, so the actual number wouldn't be that high.

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    Remember multiple views by the same people, so the actual number wouldn't be that high.
    Thank you! That makes me feel better. I understand because I nurse at the keyboard and read without responding quite a bit.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
    Thank you! That makes me feel better. I understand because I nurse at the keyboard and read without responding quite a bit.
    If I've posted a comment, I'll check back in later to see where the conversation has gone. I might reply again or I might not.

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    If I've posted a comment, I'll check back in later to see where the conversation has gone. I might reply again or I might not.
    Just checking in and had to type something so you don't feel like I'm a stalker
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

Thank you!!! Yeah, I think I just feel bad for complaining about my parents. And then I saw those numbers and thought, EEEK, maybe I really am a jerk and no one wants to tell me the truth. But I'm back on planet earth now.

I do feel guilty.

My mother just asked me if she should wear black pants or white pants due to the weather outside. I asked if one pair was warmer than the other and she said no. They are the same, but she was just curious if one would be better because of the cool weather. I really didn't know what to say. And she asks questions similar to this many times a day... Does that make sense?

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
    I do feel guilty.

My mother just asked me if she should wear black pants or white pants due to the weather outside. I asked if one pair was warmer than the other and she said no. They are the same, but she was just curious if one would be better because of the cool weather. I really didn't know what to say. And she asks questions similar to this many times a day... Does that make sense?
    Don't feel guilty. This is a "safe space" for venting.

Sometimes I read a BP and feel like I have nothing productive to add to the conversation, so I read without responding. And sometimes I try to say something but it's coming out the wrong way as I type it so I cancel the responses.

I go through what you're describing with your parents with my dad's mom a lot. She'll ask the weirdest and most random questions, and it's getting worse the older she gets and the more pills she needs to take. She always comments that my DD's hair is getting lighter, for example, and it's not. It's actually getting darker (thank goodness because I am SICK of having random people look at DD and I out & about as if I can't possibly be her mommy because I'm a brunette & she's a blonde) ... or she makes statements to the effect that she hopes DD's hair will stay blonde (I don't!)

Oh and for your mom's question, I'd tell her the black pants would feel warmer if it's sunny outside because black absorbs the heat from the sun.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

SS- PLEASE do not feel guilty, you have every right to vent. Just b/c they are your parents, it doesn't mean that you should just always have to put up with their stubborn/unreasonable behavior. Your parents sound a LOT like my parents. My dad has threatened to jump out of the car before while we were on the freeway and I was trying to get my mom to wear a seat belt (and he is the type of idiot who would go through with it, I guess he did not see the value of me telling my mom to wear a seatbelt) and other crazy things. My mom asks a lot of dumb/weird questions like your mom does now, it drives my brother and I crazy. I think part of it is age and part of it is that they don't have much in common with us, so they don't know what to talk about and fill in the void with weird/odd comments.

I also have concerns about some early onset dementia with both of my parents, BUT it is REALLY hard to tell. My mom, I cannot tell if it's just normal aging or she's showing signs of early dementia. My dad, is just difficult, since he has a horrible personality and has always been erratic with a bad temper. My mom says he is getting worse, he seems about the same to me, but since he has always gone against the flow, him becoming more difficult (which seems common among elderly who are starting down the path of dementia) just seems, "normal" to us. I'm wondering if you are having the same dilemma.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

I'm listening to my mom do her bible study answers now and she is 15 feet away from me talking about how the pagans will be judged. I'm an atheist or agnostic or something like that and it really makes me really on edge.

She just said "These people will have to answer and will go to hell. Not too fun."

I'm really frustrated and disgusted now too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast