Default One more gate question

Hi all,
    Thanks for your help with my previous question! My hopefully last gate question is the following. Do the gates at the bottom of a stair case need to be as amazing as the ones at the top?

I am thinking of getting a kidco gate for the top of each staircase (installed by a babyproffing guy) and then getting evenflo gates installed by a handyman for the bottom. Obviously the evenflo installed by the handyman is a lot cheaper than the kidco so that is my reason to do it this way without compromising safely.

Opinions would be greatly appreciated!!!!
    mommy to the loves of my life ds (Oct. 2008) and dd (Aug. 2011)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

You don't even need to have them installed. Just buy some pressure mounted ones for the bottom of the stairs. That will be fine. We had a The First Years' hands free gate at the bottom of our stairs. You just need a deterrent not a hard core barricade.

I can't get the pressurized ones to work because on one side we have a base board and the other side is a railing... But good to know I can go with the cheeper option!
    mommy to the loves of my life ds (Oct. 2008) and dd (Aug. 2011)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

You can use a shim to fill in the space where they don't line up. But, also, some pressure mounted gates have individual adjusters so you can make it wider or narrower to fit around baseboards.