Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What do you think of pottery Barn kids crib sheets?

I am looking at purchasing crib sheets and a crib skirt from pottery Barn kids.. For my DD I purchased bedding from babybedding.com and loved it, but it is so expensive. I saw that pottery Barn has cute bedding much cheaper than babybedding.com. Does the elastic on pottery barn crib sheets go all the way around? Do the sheets hold up? Thanks for your input.

Sarah

We had the super soft ones, I can't remember what they were called. They were very nice, and lasted 3+ years, and we didn't have that many sets. I don't remember if the elastic went all the way around, but they were very easy to get on, and they stayed put.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think they're pretty nice. We have the soft ones that TwinFoxes mentioned, and also a set of their flannel sheets. One of the flannel sheets recently tore pretty badly, but it had been the one DS1 uses at school for naptime, so it was washed a lot over the nearly 5 years of its life, especially when they had a few kids who got lice at the school because we were taking all bedding home and washing it every day for a while there.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    We had the super soft ones, I can't remember what they were called. They were very nice, and lasted 3+ years, and we didn't have that many sets. I don't remember if the elastic went all the way around, but they were very easy to get on, and they stayed put.
    no complaints on my PBK sheets. I don't think all around elastic matters much if the sheet fits right.

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

They were my favourite. I had two - one of the super-soft chamois ones and then a regular cotton woven one - and they more than held up for both of my kids (so, 5+ years of use).
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

swrc00 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I love them. I ended up buying them at a consigment sale and by far they have washed the best and still look great.

mom2khj is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I love PBK sheets! They get softer and softer each time they are washed!
    mom to DD1 (17), DD2 (14) and DS (9)

rin is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We inherited about 5 PBK crib sheets from my aunt, who used them with her twins. The elastic on one set has started to go, but the others are all in mint condition, and even the one with the fraying elastic still actually fits the mattress fine, it's just getting a little funky looking on the one edge. All of them are super soft and snuggly, though, and are by far the best crib sheets I've used. After over half a decade of use, 3 kids, I'd say that's a pretty good track record for durability!

I am absolutely not the kind of person who spends a lot on baby bedding/furniture/decor (we got a secondhand IKEA crib off CL), but I would totally buy PBK sheets new based on my experience with them, and the comparison to all the others we've tried.

We have some I bought on clearance for dd. The elastic is only on the short ends, but I have not had any trouble with them not staying on. Ours are two years old now and have held up nicely. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again.

Catherine

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Ours are 6 yrs. old and great. My favorite are the flannel ones they no longer make. We also have a gingham one. We used them for just over 2 yrs. with DD1, and now have been using them for another 2 with DD2.

A nice alternative to the PBK sheets are the TLCare Organic Cotton sheets. They are more like a jersey weight, but I love them and the price is great too, $12. I believe you can only get them at Babies R Us. Mine are cream, and green, but we didn't know the sex of DD2 so I don't recall if they had any other boy or girl colors.

eta: ours are not organic cotton as I don't think they had organic sheets in 2006.
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 05-25-2012 at 01:57 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast