Default Newborn Rash and eating

My newborn was born with acne and at the checkup the doctor said - oh he has a normal newborn rash. He has spots that come and go it seems - red spots which look like whiteheads in the middle. I didn't think much of it until recently when I noticed that he really gets an outbreak when he eats - near his mouth or on his face. Is this normal newborn-rash? Or could this be related to food issues/what I'm eating?

As an aside, I think he has thrush so I'm not sure if that would affect it. Doc called in RX for the thrush today. I'm hoping it will help with the eating - he's never been the best nurser and now he just eats for 6-7 minutes a pop. : (

Thanks in advance!

BB is 14 days old.

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm not sure how quickly the rash/acne is appearing after eating, so I don't know if this is the same thing, but I'll throw in my experience....DD has had acne like what you describe (red w/ a whitehead in the center) since a couple days after birth. They're worse around her mouth, too. We've discovered that it's because she gets milk (or spitup) all around her mouth while she's eating, and if we're not really good about wiping it off well, and using a wet washcloth at least once a day, it gets worse. However, it isn't like the pimples show up minutes after eating....if that's what you're seeing, it's probably something different.

(Oh -- and mine had thrush too...she did start eating better after being on meds for a day, so I hope the same is true for you! Good luck!)
    Lizi