Default which seats to replace Scenera for bigger kids?

2yo DS usually rides in a Britax Marathon and 4yo DD in a Britax Frontier.

We've had two Sceneras in our second car as backup seats since DS was born, although they've probably ridden in them less then a dozen times total ever.

Now they are approaching or at the height/weight limits for the Scenera. What other choices do we have for economical backup carseats for bigger kids?

Thanks!
    Mama to DD 10/07 and DS 8/09

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I don't own the seat, but I would probably go with an Evenflo Maestro. I would want to take your kids to the store with you though and measure their shoulder heights in the seat ESP. if they are on the higher end of the height scale. I believe the Maestro harnesses till 50lbs so that might be an issue if your almost 3 yr. old is almost 40lbs., and you want him harnessed until at least 5 or 6.
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 05-06-2012 at 10:15 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We got the Maestro as a travel seat when DS was a about to turn 3, from the rec's on this board. It's FF only and turns into a HBB, but at that point we felt OK with him FF occasionally, he still RF'd in his regular seats until 3.5 yo when he hit the weight limit of the Blvd.

I LOVE the Maestro as a travel seat, and it's supposed to make a good HBB later on. It's very light and easy to install everywhere. DS thinks it's comfy, too. I don't know if it's the best option for bigger kids, though, DS is 4 and 38 lbs, 41 inches tall.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

Thanks so much!
    Mama to DD 10/07 and DS 8/09