Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: movement

lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default movement

Quick question - probably nothing and I'm being paranoid, but regarding movement and kick counts...

I haven't really taken notice of specific times of day when the baby is more active than others. So I can't say for certain that something feels "wrong." But there has been very little movement this morning. I noticed around 7am that things seemed strangely quiet. A few soft, "muted" movements here and there, but nothing really robust - even while and after having eaten breakfast.

What should I be looking for? When might there be reason for concern?

I'm sure it's nothing, but I'm feeling...weirdly "worried" for some reason
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

llama8 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Call the OB. It is better to be safe than sorry. It is most probably nothing,but if somethings feels off and the movements are different than the norm, it is best to check it out.
    DD 11/09
    DD 06/11

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Might as well call. I always feel silly when I do, but I know enough people personally that felt the same way who ended up having the baby that day because of distress, that I would never ignore that feeling of something being wrong.

I totally agree with the other posters. It never hurts to call.

I will say however that at least with this baby, I have come to figure out she is awake for 1-2 hours in the morning, moving all around, then is asleep and very still for most of the day, wakes up and moves in the evening and gets party crazy at night.

But if I hadn't noticed that trend early on, I would be freaking out each mid-morning to afternoon when she doesn't move at all.

Hoping all is well with your little gal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I fourth the suggestion to call for your peace of mind.

With this baby movements are really different than with DS so I also tend to freak out when she's too quiet. I have figured out what time of day (night actually) she's more active and do kick counts then (not by the book but I do pay attention at that time to see how much she's moving). DS's movement were soooo much stronger, he was a real kicker. DD is more gentle in her movements so far, and she doesn't move much during the day, but after DS's bedtime when I finally wind down and sit on the couch she starts moving. I think maybe all the movement during the day lulls her to sleep. So it certainly helps to find a pattern of the times of day the baby is more active.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I am sure she is fine, my baby used to be really quiet some days, but for peace of mind and better safe than sorry, I would see if you could pop in and at least get a heartbeat.
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Drink a big glass of orange juice or real soda. Really anything that gets your blood sugar up. I had a similar situation with DS3 and called the OB had me drink a can of coke and eat a candy bar on the way in. A few minutes after they started the non stress test he was doing flips. But I agree sometime they get really quiet.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I found that a huge glass of ice water would stir things up. Not especially lovey dovey, but they would move.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

I would try drinking something sugary like juice/having a snack, and hanging out on your left side for an hour to see if you have any movement- if not call your OB. As a L&D nurse this is usually our standard advice- especially since you have felt some movement today.
    Mama to 5 wild ones

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Some babies just aren't big movers. None of my 3 have been very active in utero and could go hours without any noticeable movement even late in the 3rd tri. When worried I would have a sugary snack, drink something cold or take a hot shower so try and encourage some movement.

I did have 2 NSTs for little movement and they always came out fine. Fingers crossed you'll get some good kicks in soon.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast