Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MSWR0319 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default S/o when did your red pp bleeding stop?

Just curious how long you had red pp bleeding? With DS1 I hemmoraged a week pp so I'm not sure what to expect this time. It doesn't seem heavy at all, but everytime I nurse it picks up a bit and freaks me out. I wouldn't even have to change my pad if I didn't want to, but it's still red when it does come out. Just not sure what "normal" is.

For me, 2 weeks.
    And it's good that you notice some bleeding when you nurse, that means your uterus is doing it's job--squeezing everything out, clearing out tissue and blood that shouldn't sit there and create problems inside of you. It also means your tummy will flatten out quicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

About a week and half, for me. I had the same thing though -- the most would come when I nursed.
    Lizi

BDKmom is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think with DS it was about 7-10 days. I just remember that it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. I'm hoping for the same this time around.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

I'm amazed at the short times listed here and in the other thread. For me it has always been 3-4 weeks, each pregnancy.
    Allison
    DS 06/02
    DS 03/04
    DS 08/07
    DD 04/12

Quote Originally Posted by ast96 View Post
    I'm amazed at the short times listed here and in the other thread. For me it has always been 3-4 weeks, each pregnancy.
    Could it be that you don't get enough rest and help, and over do things PP? If you don't really, really, lie low for 2 weeks--and by that I mean let others take care of you while you lie around the house in bed/in the couch, that should be the only reason you are bleeding for a month.

As my midwife said to my husband last time, "Imagine if you had a bleeding wound, the size of a dinner plate inside of you [where the placenta was attached]. You would expect to be resting and out of commission until it healed, correct? Well that's what is going on inside your wife's body, and she is going to need you to take over for awhile." That really struck home with him.

Let others mother the mother!
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

tabegle is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ast96 View Post

For dd, it was about 6 weeks and for ds it was 4 weeks. Then when i got my IUD (very painful procedure for me), it was another 6 weeks.

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It was less than two weeks for me since DBF and I had sex at the 2 week mark after DS2 was born since my bleeding had stopped and I had no tears.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    It was less than two weeks for me since DBF and I had sex at the 2 week mark after DS2 was born
    You would have to drug me in order for that to happen! I was still tender at my 9 week PP check up with each baby (even when I had no tears).
    I always wondered how on earth it was that some babies were 9 months apart!
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

5 weeks with DS. I definitely bled more on days I overdid it.

Quote Originally Posted by daisymommy View Post
    You would have to drug me in order for that to happen! I was still tender at my 9 week PP check up with each baby
    I did tear and sex was painful for several months.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast